Got my replacement from Verizon...possible bad battery?

ohmk

Reaction score
So, my original Droid randomly decided that it wouldn't display anything any longer just after work a few days ago. I could boot, but the moto logo wouldn't display, but I knew it had booted because the bottom 4 buttons would light up after about 30 seconds. They were also unresponsive. I tried booting into recovery while holding X and I still got a blank screen with just the backlight turned on.

Verizon offered to send a Certified Like-New Replacement which just arrived. I used the same battery from my other Droid, and it ran fine for about 20 minutes. I noticed the battery notification and it was just around 60 to 80 percent. However, it seemed like the phone was slowing down and it became unresponsive so I just sat it down (thinking google sync was slowing it). I go to turn the screen on again 10 minutes later and the backlight comes on and the display is blank. I pull the battery, boot up, and I have THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM as my other phone did. The only thing I can think of is either I have a faulty battery or my luck really really sucks. Any recommendations??

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I would try to make sure your battery is indeed fully charged. Plug it up to the wall using the wall charger that came with the phone and let it sit for about 2-3 hours. If after that the phone still does not come on then yes you may have a bad battery. But I would check the charge first and to do this make it charge like I said above for a couple of hours.