My third Motorola Droid just died-am I doing something wrong?!

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I killed the first one in a nasty fall that sent it flying, so no foul on Motorola there. All my fault!

However, the refurb replacement phone from Asurion worked for about a month and then the touch screen became totally unresponsive. I had a display, I just couldn't manipulate the phone at all. Asurion had no idea why and sent out a replacement for the replacement (free of charge).

That phone died tonight. I pulled it out of my pocket to find the navigational keys at the bottom lit up and the screen would not turn on. Nothing helped. Not plugging it in, not a battery pull, not a different battery-nothing. (I still get the notification light when someone tries to reach me and the alarm went off, so it is just the screen.)

Since I've had two screens mysteriously stop working after roughly a month of use, I'm wondering if there is something I am doing or if I just have the world's worst luck with this phone.

Any ideas? Any apps known to cause this?

BTW, I just use the phone stock. No messing around with it, rooting, etc. Not even a Home replacement app--just a straight Droid. And I've always used the Motorola chargers. Hell, I've got three of them now and three batteries as Asurion doesn't want them back. ;)

Last edited:

syst3merror

Reaction score
Asurion sucks! I'm pretty sure most of the replacements they send out are "refurbished"....so your replacements probably had problems too.

OP
J

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure both replacements were refurbs.

I went into Verizon tonight and they are replacing the phone under warranty. I suppose that means another refurb as well, although I'm not positive.

I begged them to let me upgrade, since this will be my 4th Droid, but no dice there.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
How long have you had your plan? If I were you, I'd try to get a new Droid, or a DI or DX. The Droid is going out of stock soon, and my local Verizon stores haven't had any for the past week. My sister was trying to get it, but she went for the Eris instead, even though it sucks lol.
I don't know about you, but I have 4 people on my plan, and we are able to share our upgrades. My sister wasn't eligible for an upgrade for another year but she used my dad's. My mom and I can pay $20 to upgrade our phones also, but neither of us want to.

OP
J

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
How long have you had your plan? If I were you, I'd try to get a new Droid, or a DI or DX. The Droid is going out of stock soon, and my local Verizon stores haven't had any for the past week. My sister was trying to get it, but she went for the Eris instead, even though it sucks lol.
I don't know about you, but I have 4 people on my plan, and we are able to share our upgrades. My sister wasn't eligible for an upgrade for another year but she used my dad's. My mom and I can pay $20 to upgrade our phones also, but neither of us want to.

I've had Verizon cellphones for 15 yrs or so, but my current plan won't expire until Dec 2011. I begged Verizon to let me do an early upgrade tonight but they wouldn't. :icon_eek:

Unfortunately, it's just me on my plan, so I can't borrow/transfer an upgrade, although that's a great suggestion for people with family plans.