Got my moto x!!!!

dad2paisley

Reaction score
Initial feelings on phone----- OK I was torn about trying the X because I like my S4 a lot but I went ahead and grabbed one. Phone is a nice device, I like the physical design but phone seems tiny since I am used to the size of the S4. Camera is a huge drawback and is worse than I thought it would be, it is ok outside in good lighting but I have noticed the auto flash does not work well at all. Call quality is decent but better on the S4. Phone runs smooth as butter with no lag and transitioning between apps is fast with no lag. Touchless controls are a nice feature and work perfectly. Battery is good and on par with the S4 and HTC one and getting a full day with moderate-heavy use should not be an issue. Overall a solid device but I am not sure if it is enough to lure me away from my S4.

I have had no problems with the camera either in bright light or low light. Pictures turned out great.

anopy1

Reaction score
I also think the camera is fine. I'm getting better pictures with the X than I did with the S4.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
We have some cool features planned for the site, if you have a suggestion on what could make the place better, please let us know!

If you have questions on using the forum, post here.
Now that's saying a lot.

Sent from my HTC One rockin Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That response was for anopy1 concerning the better pictures with the X than the S4

Sent from my HTC One rockin Jelly Bean 4.1.2

anopy1

Reaction score
When I had the S4, every picture I took of my 10 month old was blurry. Haven't had any of those issues with the X

jamjr74

Reaction score
Ok well grabbed another x to give it another shot. Let's see what happens. Lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Having had a history with Android (Droid 1, HTC Thunderbolt) - Buglessbeast !!! I left and went to the dark side for the last few years - iPhone 4s, and iPhone 5. I traded in my iPhone 5 to target for $250 and got a Moto X for $49 and the wife got to spend the rest - payment for me using her upgrade. Been wanting to come back to Android for awhile (Google Radio, Google Keep). I wanted a phone that wasn't MASSIVE (actually like the 4s size) and I HATE Verizon adware on a phone I buy. The 50GB for 2 years on Google Drive was very impressive.

While wife was happily shopping - used Target WiFi to get all my apps and I was going forward. I'm fairly impressed. I love the feel of the phone - the curved back - the glass that I can reach all sides with my thumb. Battery life isn't as great as my iPhone 5. Touch screen responsiveness is GREAT. Screen detail is awesome. Absolutely LOVE how the phone wakes up when I get it in my hand so I don't have to hit the power button. The keyboard autocorrect isn't anywhere near Apple's but I like the placement of the keys better. The phone works with my car's bluetooth better (2013 Civic).

Kinda bummed that Verizon has apps on there that I can't remove. Something I liked Apple for - no adware. I really don't want to get in the habit of rooting every 3 days again spending all my time doing that.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Having had a history with Android (Droid 1, HTC Thunderbolt) - Buglessbeast !!! I left and went to the dark side for the last few years - iPhone 4s, and iPhone 5. I traded in my iPhone 5 to target for $250 and got a Moto X for $49 and the wife got to spend the rest - payment for me using her upgrade. Been wanting to come back to Android for awhile (Google Radio, Google Keep). I wanted a phone that wasn't MASSIVE (actually like the 4s size) and I HATE Verizon adware on a phone I buy. The 50GB for 2 years on Google Drive was very impressive.

While wife was happily shopping - used Target WiFi to get all my apps and I was going forward. I'm fairly impressed. I love the feel of the phone - the curved back - the glass that I can reach all sides with my thumb. Battery life isn't as great as my iPhone 5. Touch screen responsiveness is GREAT. Screen detail is awesome. Absolutely LOVE how the phone wakes up when I get it in my hand so I don't have to hit the power button. The keyboard autocorrect isn't anywhere near Apple's but I like the placement of the keys better. The phone works with my car's bluetooth better (2013 Civic).

Kinda bummed that Verizon has apps on there that I can't remove. Something I liked Apple for - no adware. I really don't want to get in the habit of rooting every 3 days again spending all my time doing that.

Not sure if you are aware, but system apps in Android can now be completely disabled unlike in the past. Its the best of both worlds in my opinion. You can keep and use what you like or disable any app you don't want.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Not sure if you are aware. But system apps in Android can now be completely disabled unlike in the past. Its the best of both worlds in my opinion. You can keep and use what you like or disable any app you don't want.

Ah thanks Mr. Patmw123! Will do. That's a nice feature!