Got It! My First Android Phone!

mtavenger55

Reaction score
So my Droid Pro finally arrived today after about 2 weeks & I've just activated it & am getting used to it. I like the way the phone feels in the hand, very simular to the Blackberry. It does get warm quick because after I activated it & made a call I felt it & that only took about 5 minutes. It cooled down fast though after not using it for a couple of minutes. I got a case for it so I don't feel it when I txt or web browse. I like the feel of the keyboard. Very simular to the Curve but it will take some time getting used to. Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is pre-installed right? I couldn't find it in the apps & the web browser is using mobile web. I really want to try out the Flash Player. Also how do you change the town on the accuweather app on the second home screen to the left after the house? Hopefully this phone works out for me. I'm looking forward to using an Android phone! Angry Birds works fine btw!

androzza

Reaction score
The initial activation process seems to use a lot of network I/O, so don't worry if it runs hot with poor battery life for the first day or so.

OP
M

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Yeah I knew it should (hopefully) get better after today. Im loving it so far!

spydergirl

Reaction score
My battery has improved steadily and I can now get through a whole work day without heavy useage - just emails, texts, and a little browsing. It runs out faster when I add phone calls to the mix, but it's getting better and better as the batter gets "trained."

OP
M

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I think people are over reacting over this battery. I'm going to get the extended one just because but people need to give it time. I've been on the road for the last 3 hours using it in the back seat & I'm having a blast with it! Maybe because it is my first Android phone but either way I've been pleased with it so far. After the holiday weekend I will post a review on this phone.

thedose

Reaction score
You have to make sure that you are not running any unwanted programs in the background... Always check menu>applications>running services and make sure to stop anything that you don't want to be running.... Trust me on that

Also, the batteries DO NEED to get conditioned so don't expect them to be 100% out of the box people!

These things are miniature computers so they are way more advanced than regular cellphones :D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Correct! Also, ALWAYS use the back button to exit apps and not the home button!

You have to make sure that you are not running any unwanted programs in the background... Always check menu>applications>running services and make sure to stop anything that you don't want to be running.... Trust me on that

Also, the batteries DO NEED to get conditioned so don't expect them to be 100% out of the box people!

These things are miniature computers so they are way more advanced than regular cellphones :D

DroidForums junkie!