My Review Of The Pro! (After The First 5 Days)

mtavenger55

Reaction score
So after 2 weeks of patiently waiting due to an order problem, my Droid Pro finally arrived last Tuesday right before I went to visit family for the Thanksgiving holiday. So as you can imagine I had a lot of time to play around with the phone & so I did. Unfortunately the area I visited barely had service but I had wifi to use once in a while. I had a 4 hour drive & most of the time I was texting or web browsing, & coming from a Blackberry I was really impressed with that keyboard. I wanted a new phone & didn't like the Blackberry OS but I didn't want to give up that keyboard so I was really excited when they announced the Pro. Also I've wanted an Android phone for a while but didn't want to deal with a sliding keyboard like the Droid 2 or all touch screen phones like the X or Incredible. Before my Blackberry Curve 8330, which I bought on Ebay as a referbished phone, because my phone previous to that was the Samsung Omnia 1 & I hated that phone lol. The touch screen was terrible & I no the touch screens today are much better than back then but I didn't want that same experience. So in the end I went with the Pro. As I said earlier the first 4 hours I used it I was testing out the keyboard & really impressed. My only dislike is everytime you use the "&" symbol it sticks it self the word before. Example: this& that. You have to go back & space out the "&". Apart from that I really like the keyboard. Web browsing is really nice. Pintch to zoom is fun lol. I like the fact that it opens up as a mobile site & you can select the desktop site. The Adobe Flash Player is nice. I watched a full episode of South Park on Southparkstudios.com lol. I've only made a few calls on the phone & so far I haven't had any problems or noticed poor sound quality like I've read. I did notice the phone getting warm after you use it for a few minutes but it cools down just as fast if you let it sit for a minute or two. The battery isn't the best either but it hasn't even been a week yet for me & it doesn't matter much to me since I have a car charger & charged my BB everytime I drove so I'm used to it. I only have 2 MP3 files on my phone for now & they sound fine to me. The camera is better than my BB (obviously since my BB's camera was a 3.2 mp) but I wish there was a button on the phone that is used to capture photos other than touching it to take pics. I like the voice talk for texting & searching on the web but I've noticed if you don't speak right away, the phone locks. Has this happened with anyone? I noticed there were a few apps that caused my phone to freeze. Also when I was playing around in an area with no service it froze on a home screen. I like the free apps & playing around with the live wall papers lol. Angry Birds works fine & is addictive lol. Apart from that, that's all I can think of lol. I made a few videos of my unboxing & a video review which I hope you enjoy. I've never done this before so it's not professional or anything. Thanks for reading!

[video=youtube;uqt1iUTEwA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqt1iUTEwA8[/video]

[video=youtube;c8PImrO7jRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8PImrO7jRo[/video]

[video=youtube;JoKUL5hxBkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoKUL5hxBkE[/video]

spydergirl

Reaction score
Great review! Thanks for the update. I'm so glad you finally got the phone and are enjoying it. I'm loving mine more and more every day and I LOVE all the awesome apps you can find by the BAZILLIONS, it seems, which makes it even more fun customizing the phone to your needs and preferences.

I am also annoyed by the way the "&" and the "@" symbols are attached immediately after the last previous letter, even after I press the space key! I have to go back and fix it every time. VERY annoying!! It's funny to see someone else complain about the same thing. Maybe someone will come up with an app to fix THAT bug eventually as well. *LOL* I can understand putting the "@" sign immediately after a letter because it is usually associated with an email addy, but I tend to use the sign alot in text messages or IM's when I want to shorten words from "at" to "@". But putting the "&" symbol right after the last letter is DEFINITELY annoying!! Maybe someone has figured out a way around it.

Thanks again for sharing your report and keep us posted as you learn more. :)