Got a question about airpline wifi

TREYDEE007

Reaction score
I jus upgraded from an incredile 1, My question is.......why is it that when I'm connected to an airplanes wifi, I can't get online????

spottedcatfish

Reaction score
If you have your phone in airplane mode, it disables your WiFi antenna.

I think there's a way to just disable your cell connections, but not sure honestly... That's a good question.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes if the flight offers wifi internet then you can connect to the internet, but you will most likely have to pay for the internet access. I believe its like $25-35 for internet access.

OP
T

TREYDEE007

Reaction score
Even when its in regular mode, and my phone has a connection to their wifi server......I still get nothing.

OP
T

TREYDEE007

Reaction score
Yes if the flight offers wifi internet then you can connect to the internet, but you will most likely have to pay for the internet access. I believe its like $25-35 for internet access.

I have flown Virgin America a few times, they offer free inflight wifi and I have never been able to get online......I've Tried everything.

xxspark89xx

Reaction score

I think there's a way to just disable your cell connections, but not sure honestly... That's a good question.

Actually, if you go into Wireless and Network Settings, you can check "Airplane Mode" and it says disabling connections, then check "Wi-Fi" and it connects to WIFI without a problem. (Just figured that out, lol)

Reaction score
Some wireless hotspots that redirect you to there signup page refuse to work on Androids. Our local Minor League ballpark has free wifi. All the iPhones can log on. No one's droids can.

endobrian

Reaction score

Actually, if you go into Wireless and Network Settings, you can check "Airplane Mode" and it says disabling connections, then check "Wi-Fi" and it connects to WIFI without a problem. (Just figured that out, lol)

ty, Nice tip

TouringBubble

Reaction score
Yes, most of these services require at least that you check a box on an "agreement" page before you can get any data. So, try to connect and then open your browser and see if it redirects to a page that you can agree to terms. After that you should be able to use data as you like. Many hotels and airports work this way.

I've never tried on a plane, but I was able to get my OG Droid to connect to a few hotel networks after opening the browser and accepting terms.