google voice even worse after 2.0.1 update

searayman

Reaction score
Now google voice keeps failing on me more b not even sending a text in landscape mode......anyone else still havign problems with google voice app?

Dragoro

Reaction score
Yeah : ( Very not cool. I just tried reinstalling and now cant even log into it.

Twoo

Reaction score
Did you manually update or...?

Apparently the update people downloaded was the beta? Or so I read. *shrugs*

bass_lover1

Reaction score
I tried it a few times to see if it was working, and it said failed to send text (or sms, can't remember), every time I tried. Some how though, my test SMS did make it through, though GV isn't showing it as being sent.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
yea this is really bothersome that google has seemed to abandon the google voice app, cause that is pretty much the only reason why i got an android phone for tight integration of google voice....

Dragoro

Reaction score
yea this is really bothersome that google has seemed to abandon the google voice app, cause that is pretty much the only reason why i got an android phone for tight integration of google voice....

They havent abandoned it, theres already another version in the works. You can see this if you have the atrack dog app.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score

They havent abandoned it, theres already another version in the works. You can see this if you have the atrack dog app.

how does this app tell you they are working on another and when will we see this update?

Dragoro

Reaction score
It doesnt tell when we will see the update, but somehow it tracks the highest version out there, even if hasnt been released yet.

jk12

Reaction score
I did the manual update. No issues sending and receiving texts to myself in land or port modes.

jk12

Reaction score
manual update meaning to 2.0.1.....not a gvoice manual update.

jk12

Reaction score
maybe there's something else contributing....like another app. FYI, My google voice version is 20700.

How could i replicate the issue? I tried sending a text to myself from the phone in portrait and landscape mode. Both sent, and both were received.