Failed to send message, google voice

searayman

Reaction score
I feel like in low service areas google voice sucks at sending text messages. I get failed to send messages a lot and I also get the message a lot and it still sometimes sends the message. I wish we could chose to send google voice text messages over our carrier text messages without using a google number for each contact

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can use another messaging app if you want to send via your carrier. It just won't go out via your GV number. There's really no way to send messages the way you want without using the forwarding approach. Every option has its pros and cons.

I feel like in low service areas google voice sucks at sending text messages.
Without data it won't send/receive anything so I'm not surprised if you're frequently/constantly in fringe coverage areas.

Last edited:
OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
You can use another messaging app if you want to send via your carrier. It just won't go out via your GV number. There's really no way to send messages the way you want without using the forwarding approach. Every option has its pros and cons.

I feel like in low service areas google voice sucks at sending text messages.
Without data it won't send/receive anything so I'm not surprised if you're frequently/constantly in fringe coverage areas.

I know this but I really like having all my text messages backed up on Google and be able to search them when needed. If I could have that functionality I would think of switching back to my regular number.