google voice even worse after 2.0.1 update

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
maybe there's something else contributing....like another app. FYI, My google voice version is 20700.

How could i replicate the issue? I tried sending a text to myself from the phone in portrait and landscape mode. Both sent, and both were received.

my version is 0.2.7 is that different then yours or did you just write it in a different form?

You can replicate by usign the phone in landscape mode usign the virtual keyboard only to type and send a text. Everything must be done in landscape mode (long ways)

Sex Cells

Reaction score
its pretty frustrating that they offer this as a real alternative, yet not only can it not push texts... it doesn't work half the time. i either get dropped calls, it tells me the text failed sending, or it wont even dial. but i've already switched all my contacts over and dont really want to go back. amazing potential, but far from living upto it at this point.

jk12

Reaction score
Ok...I had been doing landscape w/hard keyboard. So, after doing landscape w/soft keyboard I do get force close. I then refresh the view and find four texts (2 sent by me; 2 received by me). Bad bug.

However, I don't have any issues using landscape w/hard keyboard. No force close and only 2 texts (one sent, one received).

Guess i never use the soft keyboard in landscape....always pull out the keyboard.

My version no. is from using settings app, manage apps....

romeov

Reaction score
its pretty frustrating that they offer this as a real alternative, yet not only can it not push texts... it doesn't work half the time. i either get dropped calls, it tells me the text failed sending, or it wont even dial. but i've already switched all my contacts over and dont really want to go back. amazing potential, but far from living upto it at this point.

I agree, I am canceling my service immediately, and asking them for a refund. We pay a lot of money for this amazing new, experimental service and it's not ready for prime time yet. Does anyone know Google's billing department number?

(thisissarcasm)

thaJack

Reaction score
I'm still on Android 2.0. Since the latest Google Voice update I have not been able to send a text in landscape if typing with the on-screen keyboard. Using the portrait on-screen keyboard or the physical keyboard works fine.

odoyle81

Reaction score

JayMonster

Reaction score

First of all, they do NOT offer this as a *real alternative* (yet), it is a limited trial, and the Google Voice software itself is still 0.2.7... not even a 1.0 release. Yes, they are getting it out there, and letting people use it, but they are not even marketing this yet. It is not "part" of the Android platform or the Droid phone... at all. It is simply another 3rd party tool that just happens to be from another division of the same company that brought you Android. And you should treat it as such.

JayMonster

Reaction score
yea this is really bothersome that google has seemed to abandon the google voice app, cause that is pretty much the only reason why i got an android phone for tight integration of google voice....

First of all... where the heck did you come up with they are abandoning it?

Second... buying an Android Phone for Google Voice is sort of like buying a Ferrari because they have good keychains.:blink:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yea this is really bothersome that google has seemed to abandon the google voice app, cause that is pretty much the only reason why i got an android phone for tight integration of google voice....

Second... buying an Android Phone for Google Voice is sort of like buying a Ferrari because they have good keychains.:blink:
I hope they're going to a Blackberry Storm :) Talk about problems.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
Bringing this one back up.

There is a GV update available in the market place, it's version 0.2.8 seems to have fixed my SMS issues I was having yesterday.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

But.....I liked the key chain!:biggrin:

Arn't people amazing?;)

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score

There is a GV update available in the market place, it's version 0.2.8 seems to have fixed my SMS issues I was having yesterday.

what problem did you have cause in another thread on this forum everyone is reporting it did not fix there problems. I will get a link later when I have time

odoyle81

Reaction score

bass_lover1

Reaction score

what problem did you have cause in another thread on this forum everyone is reporting it did not fix there problems. I will get a link later when I have time

I wasn't aware of the duplicate SMS when using the virtual landscape keyboard, I almost always use the hardware keyboard.

My issue was that when trying to send an SMS GV would fail to send, regardless of what keyboard I used. This issue is fixed, but now I see that the other issue of duplicate SMS is not fixed.