Google Play???

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Hello, all. How are you?

I just got my first smartphone. A Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.

I am getting a message to update "Google Play." Is this something I should do? What is Google Play?

Thank you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, all. How are you?

I am getting a message to update "Google Play." Is this something I should do? What is Google Play?

Thank you.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Google Play is where you get your apps. It used to be called the Market, which I thought was much more preferable but someone from Google thought differently then me I guess.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, all. How are you?

Thank you.

Wow! First smartphone and you jumped in at the Maxx, Congrats on that decision. Enjoy!

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Well, I was reluctant to renew my contract and pay that "data" fee. I needed a new phone and the basic plan phones are garbage. So, why not pick the best if I was upgrading and see what I have been missing. :) It cost me only $100 after the renewal rebate.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I was reluctant to renew my contract and pay that "data" fee. I needed a new phone and the basic plan phones are garbage. So, why not pick the best if I was upgrading and see what I have been missing. :) It cost me only $100 after the renewal rebate.

The "Smart Phone" IS the technological marvel of our time. You would NOT be able to fit in a room of a normal house ALL the devices that now fit in your pocket.
Think about it.
Computer
Phone
Set of Encyclopaedias
Dictionary
Thesaurus
GPS
Planner/Calender
Alarm Clock
Stop watch
Weather Station
Radio
Stereo
Level
FlashLight
TV
Scanner
Personal Assistant

So, Congrats you have the power of the universe in your pocket but, sometimes it takes an old guy who remembers the world without such technology to remind.
All for the cost of a tank of gas......

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The "Smart Phone" IS the technological marvel of our time. You would NOT be able to fit in a room of a normal house ALL the devices that now fit in your pocket.
Think about it.
Computer
Phone
Set of Encyclopaedias
Dictionary
Thesaurus
GPS
Planner/Calender
Alarm Clock
Stop watch
Weather Station
Radio
Stereo
Level
FlashLight
TV
Scanner
Personal Assistant

So, Congrats you have the power of the universe in your pocket but, sometimes it takes an old guy who remembers the world without such technology to remind.
All for the cost of a tank of gas......

A tank of gas for an SUV in 2012 dollars, that is...

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
So far I am impressed. I am sure the more I learn what I can do with it the more impressed I will be. It can be intimidating not being all tech savvy and being handed this thing!