Purchased a maxx at a corporate store today. Won't be shipped until 3/13

BillyT

Reaction score
Ordered mine in the store today (the website said they will ship on the 21st). I am adding a line and will port the new phone to my primary line, then I will put a regular phone on the newly created line. I was going to go get one at Best Buy and then have them take care of this, but since there is a sim card involved and this isn't as easy as it used to be, I decided to just order it there and wait it out. Will post back once I hear something so others can see what the wait is turning out to be

SillyxDino

Reaction score
I ordered mine on Wednesday March 14. While I acknowledged the "will ship by 3/21" badge on the website, I went ahead and ordered. A few minutes later I did get my order confirmation, but that was the only thing I have gotten. The check order status still says that there is no information at this time, so hopefully by the 21st it will ship. I really cannot wait to get this phone, and let my Droid R2D2 take a break.

SillyxDino

Reaction score
Just a few hours after I posted here, I did get my shipment confirmation(= It should arrive on Tuesday the 20th. It's still a little waiting time, but it's better than having to wait until the 21st for it to ship.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone! Just sitting here on my really old and tired Bionic reading about everyones new toys. Hahaha! I should have just waited.... Right, like that was going to happen! Sounds like this jewel is what all of the phone manufacturers have promised but never quite delivered.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

iphoneblah

Reaction score
Just a few hours after I posted here, I did get my shipment confirmation(= It should arrive on Tuesday the 20th. It's still a little waiting time, but it's better than having to wait until the 21st for it to ship.

What??!! I ordered mine on the 13th and still nothing. Where are you? Where did you order from?

SillyxDino

Reaction score
What??!! I ordered mine on the 13th and still nothing. Where are you? Where did you order from?

I live down in east Texas. And in an earlier post, I did see someone talking about the Texas warehouse, that might have played a vital role in it. I also ordered from the Verizon website, a very risky move after seeing that "ship by" badge on the phone. Hopefully you get your shipping email soon.

MommaDroid

Reaction score
Update in Ohio

I posted earlier about having purchased my new Maxx at a local corp store...I received a shipping confirmation email yesterday afternoon (2.5 days after placing the order) and it says the phone will be DELIVERED on the 20th!! :icon_ lala:
(Cautiously excited!!) Apparently this Maxx is coming from Tennessee.

cleave

Reaction score
I want to order it from Amazon, except it looks like it wants to charge me an additional $29.99 per month for my unlimited data usage. I already have unlimited data and don't want to be charged an additional $29.99? Btw, does anyone know if this phone comes with Swype?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

iphoneblah

Reaction score
I live down in east Texas. And in an earlier post, I did see someone talking about the Texas warehouse, that might have played a vital role in it. I also ordered from the Verizon website, a very risky move after seeing that "ship by" badge on the phone. Hopefully you get your shipping email soon.

Man wtf with them shipping out of order? Just because I'm in NJ I get last dibbs? Still nothing. Website still says it doesn't have a status. Order history still doesn't include this order. I don't get them at all.
I want to smash this iPhone against a block wall so bad.

UPDATE: I spoke w verizon and it turns out it goes by area. I mentioned that I had talked to people that had ordered after me and already received shipping info and he said they were probably in a different area of the country...which means it comes from a different warehouse that already received their stock. Douche. Just another way you get screwed by living in NJ!

Last edited:

cleave

Reaction score
I want to order it from Amazon, except it looks like it wants to charge me an additional $29.99 per month for my unlimited data usage. I already have unlimited data and don't want to be charged an additional $29.99? Btw, does anyone know if this phone comes with Swype?

Anyone?

SLAYER6669

Reaction score
Anyone?

You should be able to keep your unlimited data ordering through Amazon. I'm not sure why the site would charge an additional $29.99. When I upgraded on the Verizon website, the data plan did need to be changed since I was coming from a 3G phone, but it remained unlimited. The Amazon site is probably just showing your monthly cost for data? The phone does come with Swype pre-installed.

Last edited:

cleave

Reaction score
You should be able to keep your unlimited data ordering through Amazon. I'm not sure why the site would charge an additional $29.99. When I upgraded on the Verizon website, the data plan did need to be changed since I was coming from a 3G phone, but it remained unlimited. The Amazon site is probably just showing your monthly cost for data? The phone does come with Swype pre-installed.

Thanks Slayer, I currently have a Samsung Charge (as you can tell from my sig), so I don't think there would be any reason for the extra charge. However, it did not let me complete the transaction without accepting that additional $29.99 per month. I really want to order the phone from Amazon, except I'm not paying an extra $29.99 a month to do it. I have been a Verizon customer for many years, and have had unlimited data for quite some time now. Wish I could make sure about that cost before I ordered it. Oh well, it's good to know Swype is on it. Thanks for your info.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You may be able to call Amazon to ask how to work around the $29.99 charge or call Verizon because it is Verizon who would be charging it. The one thing to be aware of with ordering phones through Amazon is that you must keep the phone on the phone number you are upgrading from for 6 months, otherwise you get a $250 charge or something close to that, whereas Verizon and Costco will let you switch your phones to any number on your plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

soops

Reaction score
Backorder Razr Maxx

Was looking at vzw online on Razr Maxx. It says it will ship on 3/21. While at a local Costco (here in phx) I asked one of the reps about the Maxx. He said it's on backorder at first, then proceeded to convince me to get the regular Razr. I said no thanks, my wife wants the Razr Maxx. He then said that the Maxx has had problems, i.e. slow in charging. I truly haven't read much about that issue with the Maxx.