Google Play update

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep..

Open the market then close it. Usually reopening it will do the trick for me.

Weird after it updated Amazon app market did also, I was waiting for a new name for it also... lol

----posted maxx'ed out----

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I had to go and uninstall updates before it would take on mine. Clearing just data has worked for others. The file over on Droid Life wouldn't install either for some reason (maybe because the market already downloaded the new store but it hadn't took yet)

Edit: I got that amazon update much much earlier today...well yesterday technically. I had been out of the loop for the past few days and wasn't expecting all this drama tonight :) Haven't had this much fun since first getting my OG Droid

Last edited:
OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
Okay so mine got updated after uninstalling market app and restarting the phone. But now in the app menu the little icon with the market logo won't work, it says the application isn't installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

coreymcl

Reaction score
I cleared my data and opened Play Music then accessed the store and a few minutes later there it was.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay so mine got updated after uninstalling market app and restarting the phone. But now in the app menu the little icon with the market logo won't work, it says the application isn't installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I assume you're talking about the tiny icon at the top right of the all apps page. If so, you are correct. It won't work. This is a motoblur shortcut that now doesn't point to the new app. Not googles fault, but Moto neecs to release a fix. It will be a while. Just put the new Play store app on your home page and life will be good.

cece5702

Reaction score
What is Google Play? Is that the new app thats taking over the Market?

DocsDad

Reaction score
Hi Doc,
Soooooo..... mine still looks the same, but it just updated though.

If you tap the old "market" icon it will likely disappear. Then go to your apps and find "Play Store". It is basically the same format with a new name.

and "Hi" back atchya :biggrin:

cece5702

Reaction score
Ok Thanks as always!
If you tap the old "market" icon it will likely disappear. Then go to your apps and find "Play Store". It is basically the same format with a new name.

and "Hi" back atchya :biggrin:

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
my 'market' app just showed as loading on my main screen and the icon was removed in my app drawer. The 'Play Store' replaced it in the app drawer. Wish I had known about this before I called 611 but they answered other questions too. Some interesting things I wasn't aware of..