Google play force close

timpouliot66

Reaction score
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I upgraded to Google Play and at the time I was trying to figure out why the icon for the old Android market wasn't working. Basically the google play app ended up getting uninstalled. Then I had no access at all to the "Market" so I went on the internet and found a site to download it from. I got Google play up and running again except now I can't update my apps because it force closes every single time. My question is what the heck happened and what do I do?

jimbobaggins

Reaction score
Hello. i did exactly the same as you and the exact same happened to me. yhe only way i managed to get round it was:

Settings>applications>google play store>clear data.

Then reopen the app and it should be fine.

jimbobaggins

Reaction score
Ignore that. its started force closing again. im really annoyed!!! Why do they have to change something that was running good in the first place!!!

OP
T

timpouliot66

Reaction score
Good news! Here's what I did. I uninstalled the Google Play app that I downloaded off of the Web(the one that kept force closing) and I was originally going to take my phone to Verizon. But after a day and without any way of accessing the "Market", suddenly my Razr started to download google books I previously had. Then I touched the original Android market icon in the top right corner(remember there's been a lot of complaints for it not opening after google play update) and suddenly it worked! Then it updated it to google play and I can still now tough the icon in the top right corner and it opens google play. I hope this helps or maybe your Droid already fixed itself.

OP
T

timpouliot66

Reaction score
P.S. Its not force closing anymore! Works like a charm!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I can confirm it's working normally for me too now! Amazing how they fixed it so quick. Must have been google that fixed it, probably just a redirect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk