Market/Play App Disappeared!

Alvarez13

Reaction score
I upgraded from google market to google play yesterday and everything seemed fine. Woke up this morning and there's no app to connect market/play on my phone.

I've been running basic stock/root for 3 mo now.

Anyone else experience this?

OP
Alvarez13

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Nevermind...the app changed to "Play Store" and I just missed it in the apps/widgets folder.

10 lashes for wasting forum space and please delete this thread moderator dudes.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Must be nice to even have a play icon. No matter what I do to my Bionic, i'm "stuck" with the old market app.

Did they perhaps stop pushing this to Motorola devices due to the broken shortcut? because no matter WHAT I do, it won't change.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Lucky! I'd love to still have the market instead of the dumb play store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

davidwar

Reaction score
On my Galaxy Nexus, my app still says market, even though it asked me if I would authorize Google Play store.

OP
Alvarez13

Alvarez13

Reaction score
On my Galaxy Nexus, my app still says market, even though it asked me if I would authorize Google Play store.
Once you authorize, the market will disappear FOREVER!

The play icon is way ugly too.

wolstonc

Reaction score

Same, although other apps changed to play. I hate the new play music. I'm not liking this change, but maybe it'll be good in the long run. But yeah I still have the regular market even though I hit accept

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Same.

I even restarted and still nothing. I may try clearing the cache/data of the app, maybe that'll help it. If not then whatever, still the same things basically. Used to Market anyway