Google phone Number?

M Diddy

Reaction score
Don't worry, I knew you weren't older then 18 before I even looked. ;) And I have my facts straight....

I was 17 too, once, when you were 4. Trust me, it's a lot different when you're married, have a 15 year old daughter, mortgage, and two house payments. Paying your cell bill doesn't count.

And again, one last time. You paid Verizon, not Google, for the phone. Verizon is the company that should support the product. They bought the phones from Google. Again, Google owes you nothing.

It's the attitude you like punk ass kids have today where you all want everything NOW and for free. Get a clue.

l8er

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Who said I wanted anything??? I don't. I'm saying google would be foolish not to give support. and I love how you know what my bills are. What about insurance? Car payment? Yeah your not the only one buddy. Yeah you can say that to some "punk kids" these days. But not me. I'm closer to you than you think.

M Diddy

Reaction score
Who said I wanted anything??? I don't. I'm saying google would be foolish not to give support. and I love how you know what my bills are. What about insurance? Car payment? Yeah your not the only one buddy. Yeah you can say that to some "punk kids" these days. But not me. I'm closer to you than you think.

Why in the world would Google be foolish not to give support for a product they DON'T sell??? They would be foolish if they did. You want them to shell out money to pay a support team forsomething they make no money on??? Jesus.. I suppose you want the waiter to butter your complimentary rolls to just because they work there.

And who said you wanted anything??? YOU DID you twit. You've been in this thread clamoring for support for something you didn't pay for. Get a damn clue!

Oh, you're also nowhere close to me, so get that out of your head. You work at Sheetz. Im a Sys Admin at one of the biggest Design firms in the nation.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys don't get upset.... then the mods have to come in and play clean up and shut down the thread :icon_ devil:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
And again, one last time. You paid Verizon, not Google, for the phone. Verizon is the company that should support the product. They bought the phones from Google. Again, Google owes you nothing.

It's the attitude you like punk ass kids have today where you all want everything NOW and for free. Get a clue.

l8er

Whoever said age brings maturity or wisdom should read your posts.... When you by a computer loaded with an OS (say for instance M$ Winblows) if you have a problem that is OS related you have the OPTION (rightfully so) to call M$. In fact many times even if you call the manufacturer of the PC they will direct you to contact M$. If you bought a laptop last year with WindowsXP and got your free update to Win7 if you had a problem with the update who do you call M$... (see a correlation yet? we are about to get an update to 2.1).

You PAID for M$ for your Windows license by purchasing the machine JUST like you paid GOOGLE for use of the OS and included services when you bought the phone from Verizon. You're arguments that Google should not be expected to provide support because you didn't "pay" them is just foolish. Even if (in your imaginary world) Google provided the OS to Motorola and VZW completely free of charge they are getting money from your purchase (and I assure you they are paying, at the VERY least for marketing use of the Google brand and image(s)) to expect a company to provide no support for their product (EVEN when it's free) is just ridiculous. For proof look in the market place. Even the FREE apps have support. It's the ONLY way to build a customer base and ensure longevity.

Google undoubtedly dropped the ball with Nexus one likely because they have been, up until this point relying on the service providers (T-Mobile and Verizon) to provide support. But now that they are selling devices DIRECTLY to the consumer they would just be stupid to provide support. And since they have to provide support to Nexus owners it would imagine it would be more cost effective to simply support the OS and not just the device. They are still new to this endeavor (Android OS) and they have a lot to learn. They came from a very, for lack of a better word 'automated' product (search engines ect. don't really NEED or warrant direct/live CS). But now they they have ventured out they will need to grow in many ways if they want to be sustainable.

Last edited:

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
and again, one last time. You paid verizon, not google, for the phone. Verizon is the company that should support the product. They bought the phones from google. Again, google owes you nothing.

It's the attitude you like punk ass kids have today where you all want everything now and for free. Get a clue.

L8er

whoever said age brings maturity or wisdom should read your posts.... When you by a computer loaded with an os (say for instance m$ winblows) if you have a problem that is os related you have the option (rightfully so) to call m$. In fact many times even if you call the manufacturer of the pc they will direct you to contact m$. If you bought a laptop last year with windowsxp and got your free update to win7 if you had a problem with the update who do you call m$... (see a correlation yet? We are about to get an update to 2.1).

You paid for m$ for your windows license by purchasing the machine just like you paid google for use of the os and included services when you bought the phone from verizon. You're arguments that google should not be expected to provide support because you didn't "pay" them is just foolish. Even if (in your imaginary world) google provided the os to motorola and vzw completely free of charge they are getting money from your purchase (and i assure you they are paying, at the very least for marketing use of the google brand and image(s)) to expect a company to provide no support for their product (even when it's free) is just ridiculous. For proof look in the market place. Even the free apps have support. It's the only way to build a customer base and ensure longevity.

Google undoubtedly dropped the ball with nexus one likely because they have been, up until this point relying on the service providers (t-mobile and verizon) to provide support. But now that they are selling devices directly to the consumer they would just be stupid to provide support. And since they have to provide support to nexus owners it would imagine it would be more cost effective to simply support the os and not just the device. They are still new to this endeavor (android os) and they have a lot to learn. They came from a very, for lack of a better word 'automated' product (search engines ect. Don't really need or warrant direct/live cs). But now they they have ventured out they will need to grow in many ways if they want to be sustainable.

thank you!!!!

nerdkill

Reaction score
i just use google message boards for any questions that i have. i've always found good support there. there always has to be support, but expect a lot less for free and beta stuff. google really needs to change their automated customer service policies imo.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Google's customer service model (and support) will evolve. Give them some time.

They overlooked it big time with the Nexus One launch... but the consumer market is a new venue for Google.

If their success with their previous endeavors is any indicator, they'll get things right....

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google's customer service model (and support) will evolve. Give them some time.

They overlooked it big time with the Nexus One launch... but the consumer market is a new venue for Google.

If their success with their previous endeavors is any indicator, they'll get things right....

Yep, plus people underestimate just HOW MUCH Google offers and how much they're trying to accomplish. Which, actually may be one reason the CS thing got overlooked. Google is going to have to invest a LOT (money, time and resources) into the CS department ant that's going to take time. Very few have an understanding of just how BIG an undertaking that would be.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The consumer market demands CS... especially with a device as personal and used daily like a cell phone. For a free service... sending an E-mail for CS and waiting a day or two for support is acceptable.... but when you pay $200+ for an item, that kind of wait time and support is unacceptable.
It won't be fixed over night.... but as long as Google progresses on the issue I think they'll be fine.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
this is exactly what i meant. like im not demanding service. i have need to. but it would be nice to have it. something so great and broad like google should definitely have atleast a good customer service no matter what. just good support really.

M Diddy

Reaction score
and again, one last time. You paid verizon, not google, for the phone. Verizon is the company that should support the product. They bought the phones from google. Again, google owes you nothing.

It's the attitude you like punk ass kids have today where you all want everything now and for free. Get a clue.

L8er

whoever said age brings maturity or wisdom should read your posts.... When you by a computer loaded with an os (say for instance m$ winblows) if you have a problem that is os related you have the option (rightfully so) to call m$. In fact many times even if you call the manufacturer of the pc they will direct you to contact m$. If you bought a laptop last year with windowsxp and got your free update to win7 if you had a problem with the update who do you call m$... (see a correlation yet? We are about to get an update to 2.1).

You paid for m$ for your windows license by purchasing the machine just like you paid google for use of the os and included services when you bought the phone from verizon. You're arguments that google should not be expected to provide support because you didn't "pay" them is just foolish. Even if (in your imaginary world) google provided the os to motorola and vzw completely free of charge they are getting money from your purchase (and i assure you they are paying, at the very least for marketing use of the google brand and image(s)) to expect a company to provide no support for their product (even when it's free) is just ridiculous. For proof look in the market place. Even the free apps have support. It's the only way to build a customer base and ensure longevity.

Google undoubtedly dropped the ball with nexus one likely because they have been, up until this point relying on the service providers (t-mobile and verizon) to provide support. But now that they are selling devices directly to the consumer they would just be stupid to provide support. And since they have to provide support to nexus owners it would imagine it would be more cost effective to simply support the os and not just the device. They are still new to this endeavor (android os) and they have a lot to learn. They came from a very, for lack of a better word 'automated' product (search engines ect. Don't really need or warrant direct/live cs). But now they they have ventured out they will need to grow in many ways if they want to be sustainable.

thank you!!!!

When did I ever say that Google shouldn't support things they "sell"???? I didn't. You think Google actually goes out and sells Android to the phone manufacturers? They don't. In fact, they can't... Legally. They do however, GIVE the rights to "use" it to the hardware companies. Google in turn gets income from the add revenue they'll get on the phones. Completely different scenario then MS as Android is open source, Windows is not. Android is released under the ASF license, and the code is distributed freely. Given that, they are not "required" to provide top notch phone support. They do, however, provide support via Groups. You don't call 1-800-LINUX when you have a problem with Ubuntu do you???

OEM PC manufacturers actually pay MS for Windows software license. They pay for the right to use it. You in turn pay the OEM for the PC. Since the code for Windows is closed and no one can possibly support it but MS, they must provide instant customer support to resolve and issues, or else they'll go out of business. Android is just another, albeit much smaller, way for Google to make money in ad revenue. If Android fails, Google won't go under. Their bread and butter, the Web, is fine. If Windows fails, MS is done. See the difference?

What I did say, though, was that in no way, shape, or form, is Google obligated to give support for services they provide for free. Case in point, and I'll say yet again, the OP was having issues with GTalk and couldn't get someone on the phone for help. GTalk is a "free" service. Again, keyword, FREE. No one pays Google anything to use it. You want support for it? Go to the Google boards and post your problem. You'll get help eventually. But they are in no way obligated to give you top notch, phone support because you demand it.

Just to stick with your analogy... When you buy a laptop with "Windows" on it, and you download, say, AVG Free, which stops working or has issues, do you think MS is going to help you out when you call and ask for support? No. Hell, Grisoft won't help you out either and they're the maker of the software. It's a free program that's out there for you to use. If you want support, you pay for the full version and get one year of it.

Now, if you read back to the first page, you'll see I did write that Google is handling the N1 thing completely wrong. Why? It's a product they SELL, branded as theirs, which people pay money for. They should have had some type of direct support ready to go and they didn't. They fail in that aspect.

Same goes for Google Apps. I've read stories of companies using Apps for Business that have experienced downtime of hours and there was no place for them to call. That can't happen. It's also why Apps isn't a huge part of the corporate world. Now, will they setup some type of support group in the future? If they want to keep selling handsets and selling Apps, then yes.

Last edited:

M Diddy

Reaction score
Even if (in your imaginary world) Google provided the OS to Motorola and VZW completely free of charge they are getting money from your purchase (and I assure you they are paying, at the VERY least for marketing use of the Google brand and image(s)) to expect a company to provide no support for their product (EVEN when it's free) is just ridiculous. For proof look in the market place. Even the FREE apps have support. It's the ONLY way to build a customer base and ensure longevity.

I think it's you that lives in the "imaginary" world. You're "proof" holds no water.

I'm discussing a multi BILLION dollar worldwide corporation who's percent of total income from Android is without a doubt, less then 5% and probably closer to 2%.

You're talking about DEV's whose sole source of income are the apps they create. OF COURSE they're going to support it. If they don't they're broke! Jesus! You can't be THAT thick!

If Google's only source of income was the Andoird OS, yes they would have top notch support to build a customer base and ensure longevity. It's not, though, as many of you seem to think. They simply give it out as way to add another revenue stream to the corporation. If it fails because they don't provide support, Google marches right along as if nothing happened.

Last edited: