About to change my phone number and want to set up an 2nd google voice number...

jrl9851

Reaction score
I'm about to change my verizon wireless phone number because too many people have my phone number that I don't want to have (work related). Once I change my verizon number, I want to set up my own google voice number (2nd number) for work. How would I do this? I already have google voice setup for my visual voicemail, but I don't use it for calls or anything.

Is this possible?

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Google Voice is still invite only right now to get your own number -_- i would love to have a google voice number and signed up months ago for one but have yet to hear anything. It should eventually be more available but for now all you can do is get the voicemail and like two other features

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I already have google voice (bought an invite from ebay) and just set up a 2nd number. Works awesome!!

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
So I just changed my phone number on verizon (my verizon number, not google voice) and noticed that my minutes/texts/data all reset, but it still shows the billing cycle ending on the same day. Uh...I hope they don't charge me 2 months for only 1 month usage.

Anyone know why everything reset?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm about to change my verizon wireless phone number because too many people have my phone number that I don't want to have (work related).
I'd suggest not even giving out the new Verizon number. Have them all use the GV number. If you don't want someone to have the number in the future then block 'em. They'll get a "number not in service" message.