Google phone Number?

Droid101

Reaction score
when I was having a problem with my Google talk I was told by both verizon and Motorola to go to Google help site so I thought okay you could send an e-mail or they would have an phone number listed. Come to find out google has no support number for its OS or phones. If google was going to get into the mobile phone business shouldn't they have a support number atleast? There is a number for their headquarters but there HQ wouldn't give tech support would it?Just my curiosity not really complaining. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The issue of customer service w/ Google is ALL OVER the internet. It's the main gripe with the Nexus One launch. :)

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
A company with no customer service phone... JUST DOESN'T CARE. How can you offer a phone service to people ... and have no customer phone support. But i guess they know with their doing, their stock is over $550 a share!

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score
A company with no customer service phone... JUST DOESN'T CARE. How can you offer a phone service to people ... and have no customer phone support. But i guess they know with their doing, their stock is over $550 a share!

I have a feeling the $550 shares mainly come from the search engine and youtube which doesnt require support really. But a mobile phone always will need support:)

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not that they don't care, Google has said it is working feverishly to put in place better customer service.... They appear to have simply overlooked the amount of customer service consumers expect.
I big oversight... but I wouldn't say they don't care. :)

M Diddy

Reaction score
You're using an app the Google gives you for free, no strings attached, and expect customer service for it????

It doesn't work that way, sorry. The majority, if not all, of Google's apps are given to use free of charge. It's up to you if you want to use them or not. There is no need for Google to then support said app.

It would be like a car dealer giving you a free car and you coming back to them and demanding maintenance. Just because they gave you the car for free, they don't owe you maintenance as well.

Now, the N1 is a different story. Google handled that one all wrong. If you're going to sell a 500.00 device you best damn well be ready to support it. They weren't and they're paying for it now.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not that they don't care, Google has said it is working feverishly to put in place better customer service.... They appear to have simply overlooked the amount of customer service consumers expect.
I big oversight... but I wouldn't say they don't care. :)
The N1 is what this was about.... I don't expect much in the way of customer service on free things :)

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
You're using an app the Google gives you for free, no strings attached, and expect customer service for it????

It doesn't work that way, sorry. The majority, if not all, of Google's apps are given to use free of charge. It's up to you if you want to use them or not. There is no need for Google to then support said app.

It would be like a car dealer giving you a free car and you coming back to them and demanding maintenance. Just because they gave you the car for free, they don't owe you maintenance as well.

Now, the N1 is a different story. Google handled that one all wrong. If you're going to sell a 500.00 device you best damn well be ready to support it. They weren't and they're paying for it now.

I really dont like what you just said. Im sorry. But that is NOTHING similar to going to a car dealership and asking for maintenance. If you wanted to really connect the car dealer ship line... you should have said if i break my phone i cant go to google. maintenance and customer support are TWO different things!! Maintenence would be fixing. as if it was broken or needed a tune up. not if you had a question on how it works.

and yes! i do expect customer service! i dont care if paid anything for it or not! if i get this so called free car... and lets say i wanted to know something lets say. about the mpg of the car. or anything about it for this matter. i expect them to tell me. i dont expect them to take the car and fix it? im not going to send my phone TO google for them to fix it? no one is asking for maintenence they are asking for simple Q and A.

Get your facts straight.

Silver Member
Reaction score
This website is about the Droid not the nexus one.
I disagree. The DROID Eris is less related to the Moto DROID than the Moto DROID is related to the Nexus One.

At least the Moto DROID and the N1 are closer in OS specs.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
This website is about the Droid not the nexus one.
I disagree. The DROID Eris is less related to the Moto DROID than the Moto DROID is related to the Nexus One.

At least the Moto DROID and the N1 are closer in OS specs.

in my opinion this whole forum is about android os. because if your talking about the n1. your also basically talking about the droid. since we can do the same thing on the droid as the nexus one. now eris... eris is not 2.0. so yeah the os is farther apart. but it is still all connected as they are all android.

now it someone starts talking about iphone... then we can complain! :motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert:

M Diddy

Reaction score

I really dont like what you just said. Im sorry. But that is NOTHING similar to going to a car dealership and asking for maintenance. If you wanted to really connect the car dealer ship line... you should have said if i break my phone i cant go to google. maintenance and customer support are TWO different things!! Maintenence would be fixing. as if it was broken or needed a tune up. not if you had a question on how it works.

and yes! i do expect customer service! i dont care if paid anything for it or not! if i get this so called free car... and lets say i wanted to know something lets say. about the mpg of the car. or anything about it for this matter. i expect them to tell me. i dont expect them to take the car and fix it? im not going to send my phone TO google for them to fix it? no one is asking for maintenence they are asking for simple Q and A.

Get your facts straight.

You can "expect" whatever you want... That doesn't mean they OWE it to you. I also don't care if you like what I said or not. It's true.

Bottom line is this, YOU DON'T PAY TO USE GOOGLE SERVICES (GTalk), SO YOU'RE NOT A CUSTOMER, SO YOU DON'T GET "CUSTOMER" SERVICE.

To stick with the car analogy, the dealer that gives you the car for free, is not obligated to give you anything else. That includes answering any questions you have about the car. You gave up nothing in the deal to get the car and in turn, you're owed nothing after you get it. Had you paid money for the car, then yes, you're entitled. But you didn't, so you're not. Got it???

The OP stated he was having issues with GTalk and couldn't get support for it. GTalk, just like Maps, Voice, Sky Map, etc, are all free "services" from Google. They keyword here is "service". Just like the dealer offering to give you a car for free, it's up to the end user to decide if he/she wants the service or not. Using a free service does not entitle you to then make demands on it. It's free. Again, you pay nothing, you deserve nothing. Don't like it?? Move on to someone else' free service and see if it's any better, OR, pay for the service and then make all the demands you want.

I love how people whine and complain about GVoice not supporting MMS and how Google should give this to the end use because the masses want it. Yet they seem to forgot all the other features they're getting from GVoice FOR FREE, and yet demand more from GVoice, FOR FREE. Just because people want MMS does not mean Google HAS to enable it. Will they? I'm sure. When they're ready. But to demand it is absurd. Yet, you seem to think it's ok.

I'd also bet you're one of the ones complaining about MMS too..... Please, get your facts straight.

Last edited:

blitzburgh39

Reaction score

Get your facts straight.

You can "expect" whatever you want... That doesn't mean they OWE it to you. I also don't care if you like what I said or not. It's true.

Bottom line is this, YOU DON'T PAY TO USE GOOGLE SERVICES (GTalk), SO YOU'RE NOT A CUSTOMER, SO YOU DON'T GET "CUSTOMER" SERVICE.

To stick with the car analogy, the dealer that gives you the car for free, is not obligated to give you anything else. That includes answering any questions you have about the car. You gave up nothing in the deal to get the car and in turn, you're owed nothing after you get it. Had you paid money for the car, then yes, you're entitled. But you didn't, so you're not. Got it???

The OP stated he was having issues with GTalk and couldn't get support for it. GTalk, just like Maps, Voice, Sky Map, etc, are all free "services" from Google. They keyword here is "service". Just like the dealer offering to give you a car for free, it's up to the end user to decide if he/she wants the service or not. Using a free service does not entitle you to then make demands on it. It's free. Again, you pay nothing, you deserve nothing. Don't like it?? Move on to someone else' free service and see if it's any better, OR, pay for the service and then make all the demands you want.

I love how people whine and complain about GVoice not supporting MMS and how Google should give this to the end use because the masses want it. Yet they seem to forgot all the other features they're getting from GVoice FOR FREE, and yet demand more from GVoice, FOR FREE. Just because people want MMS does not mean Google HAS to enable it. Will they? I'm sure. When they're ready. But to demand it is absurd. Yet, you seem to think it's ok.

I'd also bet you're one of the ones complaining about MMS too..... Please, get your facts straight.

i do not use google voice. i know nothing about it and could care less.

but you are wrong. in your wording. of course i know what you mean. but customer service is a must. im sorry but its true. having no customer service would obviously not be a plus. and its not like a car dealership who doesnt car. google cares. they have money to pay for customer service.

k?

thanks

M Diddy

Reaction score
You keep saying customer service. Who's customer are you??? Did you send money to Google? Did you pay them to use one of their "free" services???

Oh no, that's right, you didn't. So you're not a customer. You're someone simply using a "free" service. Hence, you're not owed a thing.

Listen kid, when you grow up and see how the real world works, you might have a better knowledge of life in general. Until then, don't argue what you don't understand.

K?

Tnx

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
real world? because what? because you looked at my damn profile and it says im 17? really? because you know. i dont have a job. i dont pay bills. im not about to go to college right?

yeah. your so right. i know NOTHING about the real world. and yes a matter of damn fact. i AM a customer. i paid $200 for the droid. which has android. so technically. yes. im paying for ANDROID by GOOGLE.

so get YOUR damn facts straight.

So really. like what is so wrong with me simply stating that i believe having some sort of customer... no wait. to make your ass happy ill say USER support. happy? yeah. user support would be nice. it is needed. but until i need it i wont ***** at google saying they suck. they dont. they are beast. you are not. i am.

goodbye friend.