Google Maps upgraded to 4.1

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Just downloaded the upgrade to maps 4.1 The update includes a latitude widget, ability to set maps as a live wallpaper, new search results look, and the ability to use multiple accounts with maps such as latitude, buzz, etc...

Pretty cool as a live wallpaper I must say.

CatsTide

Reaction score
my installation fails. is it because of ultimatedroid 7.5 or my 24kt theme?

cisco0910

Reaction score
yo!!!! i was wondering wtf was included in the live update! didn't know about the widget and the live wallpaper. good heads up!

Riley42

Reaction score
Seems to have the compass turned on now even if you aren't moving. Seems really accurate as well.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded the upgrade to maps 4.1 The update includes a latitude widget, ability to set maps as a live wallpaper, new search results look, and the ability to use multiple accounts with maps such as latitude, buzz, etc...

I downloaded the update a few minutes ago but forgot to check. I put on the live wallpaper just to check it out...I'm not so sure I need or like it. Will the live wallpaper change as you move around? If so, it needs the pointer and ability to pinch zoom. Overall, pretty cool.

Edit: Ok, I did start tapping the live wallpaper and it did start to zoom, but wouldn't allow me to zoom back out again.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Very Bad Azz
mapsgs.jpg

nphil

Reaction score
Can someone please post the com.google.android.apps.maps.apk file from inside /data/app/ for me?

My ROM will not let me update/install it from the market

dawgintn

Reaction score
is live wallpaper for 2.1 only? or will it show with 2.01 I would guess and say 2.1 only right?

cisco0910

Reaction score

I downloaded the update a few minutes ago but forgot to check. I put on the live wallpaper just to check it out...I'm not so sure I need or like it. Will the live wallpaper change as you move around? If so, it needs the pointer and ability to pinch zoom. Overall, pretty cool.

Edit: Ok, I did start tapping the live wallpaper and it did start to zoom, but wouldn't allow me to zoom back out again.
yea, me too! how do you zoom back out?!?!

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

It's pinch zoom isn't it?

cisco0910

Reaction score
dang, i'm zoomed in all the way to where it says you can't zoom in anymore and i can't zoom back out. I'm sure changing wallpapers then switching back to maps would prob fix but there has to be a better way

cisco0910

Reaction score

It's pinch zoom isn't it?

were talking about the live wallpaper with the map being in the background of your home pages... i've tried pinch to zoom also.. thanks though

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I had to go back into the wallpaper and reinstall it was the only way I knew to get it back to normal.