Google Maps 4.1 Force Closes 2.0.1

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just installed Maps 4.1. Every single time I launch the application it Force Closes in buiild 2.0.1. Anyone having this issue? Suppose I have to wait for the 2.1 OTA update to see if it was optimized for the new build. Unfortunately, I have a lot of driving to do today...
Google Maps 4.1 for Android brings multiple account support, trippy live map wallpaper -- Engadget

I think a simple reset (off/on) of your phone should be able to take care of that for you.

Mine is somewhat doing the same thing, a simple on / off didn't fix it. What it is, is when you first go into it now, it takes a minute before you can do anything and then it says it needs to force close, at that point i can say wait and it will eventually start to work, but it's got nothing to do with a on / off.

EDITED: Not to mention i can't get accuracy to save my life anymore. I use to be at 10 meters all the time, now it struggles to get 30 meters.

UPDATE: Fixed mine, what i did was go into settings > applications > manage apps > removed all updates on google maps, and then redownloaded and installed the update, and it took it fine, and there was no errors when i got back into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonwymore

Reaction score
Mine did same thing. followed above advice, uninstalled the update and reinstalled and it works fine. Must have something to do with customization with OTA updates for 2.1 later today/week?

bzeldin

Reaction score
I am on 2.01 and installed maps 4.1 and it does not give me the new features even though apps management says I have 4.1. I followed hints to uninstall previous upgrades and also rebooted but still doesn't give me new features

bzeldin

Reaction score
Sorry, it did but I didn't know how to use it and I found that you must click on the address icon on the map to see the new features