1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Maps closes when typing , anybody else ?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by smokiedabong, Jul 18, 2010.

1. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

When I try to search for an address in Maps the program exits , just like hitting the back button , no force close . Everything else works good on the phone , the Maps program also works well , never exits or force closes other than when trying to type something , it takes a couple of tries till I get it working . It does this with Swype , Better Keyboard , default or physical keyboard . It did this before on the official ROM and does it on other ROMs . now I'm using BB 0.4 . It did this with previous versions of Google Maps also . It does this on Android 2.0 too after a fresh flash with RDSLite . Initially I thought it's a Maps bug and I was also using Motonav for navigation so it didn't bothered me , but now it got on my nerves and started to search for a solution and to my surprise I didn't found other similar reports .
    Does anyone else has this problem or it's only me ? The phone hardware can't be defective because everything else works , I also tried different ROMs so the OS can't be at fault , I'm thinking maybe it's a bug caused by the linked Google account because it seems to do this when it tries to auto-complete after the first letters are inserted
  2. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

[​IMG]

Anyone ? Anyone ?
  3. jacwashere7

jacwashere7 New Member

I have the same exact issue and have had for a long time but i didnt use maps enough to bother me ... now it just did it with facebook as well for the first time .. anyone else similiar ?
  4. YoungVan

YoungVan New Member

5. 4.6beater

4.6beater New Member

6. FranklinWalker

FranklinWalker New Member

i dont use Google map
  7. 4.6beater

4.6beater New Member

hey did ever figure out to fix this issues im having the same problem to.
  8. nocoolname

nocoolname New Member

Mine does this randomly also. It will work fine a few times then will do the same thing, where it closes while I'm typing something in the search.
Search tags for this page

google navigation closes type destinatio

maps force closes after typing in destination