Google chrome keeps freezing my phone

mustangdroid

Reaction score
I thought I was over with this freezing problems with the RAZR. Now I upgraded to a "better" phone and it keeps freezing. I have to press the Power and volume down buttons to restart it. It usually happens when I'm in the browser and then go to another app and then come back to chrome.

OP
M

mustangdroid

Reaction score
200 views and no response? Also how do I get rid of this page overview crap.

OP
M

mustangdroid

Reaction score
Just with chrome. I never had problems with freezing on my droid razr. I really miss the old default browser..

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I use Google Chrome all of the time on my macBook pro, but I do not find it to be user friendly on my phone. I have it disabled, and I use Dolphin w/Dolphin Jetpack. No freezes, and no problems. Just fast and consistent loading of web pages.:biggrin:

jaydub5

Reaction score
I have the same issues, even more so with the Chrome update. I hate this browser
It is slow to load Web pages... ESPECIALLY this site, and it has frozen many times.
Is Dolphin user friendly? I had a HTC Rezound and the native browser (and the
camera) were superior to this phone.
Motorola/Google.. What is the problem?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I hate chrome, constantly upgrading, ruining data usage and battery. My solution was kill chrome sync and create a Google widget. Problem solved for me.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

jaydub5

Reaction score
Killing Chrome Sync

Lloyd (nice kitty), could you walk us through the steps
you took to kill Chrome Sync and put in a Widget?
Thanks.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Jaydub, open chrome clear all your open tabs (you'll have a black screen) > menu ( 3 dots upper right) > click your email account > turn sync off.

In chrome open a new Google window > sign in on that window > bookmark that page > home screen > App drawer > widgets > long press bookmarks. Hint you can have multiple bookmarks that only take up one spot.

jaydub5

Reaction score
Google Chrome, ... Keeps Freezing My Phone...
sounds like a song in the making....

pblakk

Reaction score
I've responded on different forums about this and yes...... Keeping it brief... Chrome on this phone flat out sucks. It freezes frequently even on some light browsing. Clearing cache and restarting your phone WILL help but only comes back. I've been using Opera beta and it's very stable and also functionally extremely close to Chrome. Just try it out. I've grown to like the Opera UI more also, but I don't mobile browse nearly as much anymore.

Chrome was also way more stable back on ICS.

pblakk

Reaction score
If you haven't done a factory reset try that too. I did a factory reset about a month ago and the phone is way smoother now overall with chrome running better too so you can try that too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

jaydub5

Reaction score
Browser

I also hate Chrome, so I installed Opera (full version) last night. Very nice and quick. Time will tell. I disabled Chrome. Google should be ashamed of themselves.
One would think that they have better resources than app developers, but NOOOOOO...! Aren't they listening?
Google THIS!
BTW... I tried other browsers but Opera works best on our phone.
Now, if only they upgraded the camera.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
There is a update with camera fixes being pushed in a few days.