Browser Constantly Freezing

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I had to switch from Chrome to Cheetah because of the constant freezing while browsing Web pages. Now it is happening again is anyone experiencing a complete freeze of the browser? What is the fix?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I haven't seen any reported issues with any browsers freezing. It may be an App interfering with your browser. Have you added any new Apps just before this started?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I haven't experienced any of the symptoms you're describing. My turbo has quite a bit of apps installed as well, and so if it were going to stall it might be more likely to do so on the phone with a large amount of apps installed. That said, you may have more apps installed than I do.

Freezing of the browser could be related to available RAM, or an app that's interfering with the web connection and communications, or it could be the advertising banner or other ads on the site that are hanging. There are surely lots besides those but they are where I would start my troubleshooting.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wonder if you don't have one of the turbos with a reception issue... And your browser isn't so much freezing.. As it is... Stopping or being really slow..

Do you get a message... Browser has suddenly stopped? Or connection has timed out??

I would clear the browser history perhaps.. Or clear the cache through recovery.. But it kinda sounds like you're having a reception problem..

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I wonder if you don't have one of the turbos with a reception issue... And your browser isn't so much freezing.. As it is... Stopping or being really slow..

Do you get a message... Browser has suddenly stopped? Or connection has timed out??

I would clear the browser history perhaps.. Or clear the cache through recovery.. But it kinda sounds like you're having a reception problem..

That is exactly what happens is it a defective Turbo or just a Verizon service issue? I always get Browser has suddenly stopped and Connection has timed out. Also oops Web page is not available.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There are, unfortunately.. Some turbos that are having this very issue.. Idk if you're a moto owners forum member... But lots of people are having this issue.. So e have opted for clnr devices and they stopped having the issue..

I had this issue a little while back and it was actually vzw jacking with their towers.. (i had 4 phones start to do it all at the same time) so it was easy to figure out.

So I'd clear the cache through recovery.. Then i would see if it continues.. If it's reception.. It should.. Then you're going to want to decide if you want to try to get vzw to actually check your area for reception... Or you can request a clnr.. Let them know that apparently your device suffers from the bad antenna /reception issue.. They will of course say they don't know what you're talking about... Stay persistent..

I'm still on my first turbo.. But i got a good one.. When you get your clnr.. Check it's signal against the turbo you have.. If it's worse.. Call em and tell em and send it back for yet another..

But before all of this.. Be sure to clean the cache... It will speed up the device and clear up fragments of deleted junk..

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
There are, unfortunately.. Some turbos that are having this very issue.. Idk if you're a moto owners forum member... But lots of people are having this issue.. So e have opted for clnr devices and they stopped having the issue..

I had this issue a little while back and it was actually vzw jacking with their towers.. (i had 4 phones start to do it all at the same time) so it was easy to figure out.

So I'd clear the cache through recovery.. Then i would see if it continues.. If it's reception.. It should.. Then you're going to want to decide if you want to try to get vzw to actually check your area for reception... Or you can request a clnr.. Let them know that apparently your device suffers from the bad antenna /reception issue.. They will of course say they don't know what you're talking about... Stay persistent..

I'm still on my first turbo.. But i got a good one.. When you get your clnr.. Check it's signal against the turbo you have.. If it's worse.. Call em and tell em and send it back for yet another..

But before all of this.. Be sure to clean the cache... It will speed up the device and clear up fragments of deleted junk..

What is a "clnr"? How do I clear cache from recovery?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Clnr = certified like new replacement.. I'll find the link for turbos clear cache from recovery..

Clearing the cache for the droid turbo Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Follow the steps.. You should be good to go..

I should add.. I had the problem that a few experienced, with the play store on Thanksgiving day.(would t do anything.. Download or update nothing.). I thought my device had borked...it was useless. So i did an fdr.. My device has worked great since then.. Just a thought.. Jic you haven't tried one yet..
They're a nuscennce.. But can fix things...

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Clnr = certified like new replacement.. I'll find the link for turbos clear cache from recovery..

Clearing the cache for the droid turbo Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Follow the steps.. You should be good to go..

I should add.. I had the problem that a few experienced, with the play store on Thanksgiving day.(would t do anything.. Download or update nothing.). I thought my device had borked...it was useless. So i did an fdr.. My device has worked great since then.. Just a thought.. Jic you haven't tried one yet..
They're a nuscennce.. But can fix things...

Thank-You for helping, sorry I am not tech savvy. Just want to ask if following the clearing the cache is some sort of master reset becuase I cant afford to lose any of my text messages, pictures, downloads, and bookmarks

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank-You for helping, sorry I am not tech savvy. Just want to ask if following the clearing the cache is some sort of master reset becuase I cant afford to lose any of my text messages, pictures, downloads, and bookmarks
No it does not clear any data like contacts, photos, music, etc. It simply clears cache data the phone uses to communicate between apps and services but nothing in the apps or services themselves. It's like you are eating a sandwich and chips and drop a few crumbs. The partition wipe would be like sweeping away the crumbs that fell but not the sandwich or chips themselves.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4