Phone Frozen, unresponsive to reboot... help

Flyfisher69

Reaction score
I tried the usual reboot, holding down volume and power, but that didn't work. Then tried vol up and power, nothing... It's at 60% battery.

This happened when browsing the web in Chrome. Do any of you ever have this happen with their Droid phones too?

I don't want to wait until tomorrow for the battery to die to be able to use the phone... Do you have any idea how I might be able to reboot this phone now?

Thanks!

OP
F

Flyfisher69

Reaction score
Over 100 views here but no help....? Seems a bit odd... doesn't it?

SJBBF

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark here... but did you try plugging into your charger even at 60% to get a response

OP
F

Flyfisher69

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark here... but did you try plugging into your charger even at 60% to get a response

Thanks for asking, and yes... no response. It's now 12 hours later and the battery discharged, so I plugged it and it should reboot when I get up in the morning.

But if someone sees this and knows how to get it to reboot when it freezes up, aside from the usual holding volume (up/down) and power at the same time, please let the rest of us know for future reference.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Throw it on the ground (carpet) and worse case scenario its a brick, which sounds like what it is.... really though, bring it to the Verizon store, let them hook it up to the their system, that might help.

OP
F

Flyfisher69

Reaction score
Throw it on the ground (carpet) and worse case scenario its a brick, which sounds like what it is....

No thanks... I don't need an expensive brick.

....really though, bring it to the Verizon store, let them hook it up to the their system, that might help.

Yeah, I've done that before. But was hoping I wouldn't have to, presuming someone knew of any other rebooting options. All is fine now... Thanks.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I was joking, dont throw it, but sounds like you, like many of us (some dont even know it) have a defective phone.

I cannot wait till my 2 years is up, Im either going back to dumb phones (Keep it Breaking Bad style) or getting a phone after THOROUGHLY reviewing it. I thought these phones were the best, but I guess not...