GOOD droid phone for $150 to $200 this LG Revolution is absolute garbage.

Sevron

Reaction score
I'm going to Verizon in the morning after having my phone overheat within 10 minutes of a trip home from the beach. Not the first time it's happened, but I'm finally going to go in and actually try and get it resolved. It's not even a 3 month old device yet.

So, I'm wondering which phone is fairly decent in the $150 to $200 price range from verizon. Hell, I may even throw more money at it and get one of the $299 phones, but highly doubt that. At this point I'd be happy with a basic flip phone because that's how bad this damn phone is.

BTW, I've made sure I've unrooted the phone and checked to see if any notices of root are left and can't find nothing. Any other ideas on checking to make sure they can't tell I rooted it? At this point even if they notice I did root it, I could use the fact that it was so effed up when I bought it that it made it SOMEWHAT usable.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I've been very happy with the Bionic I picked up for $150 at Costco. Came with an extra battery, docking station and car docking station/charger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
good luck trying to get a new phone model. They'll probably give you a CLNR first. You're also not going to win the argument if they found out that you rooted and that it overheats. They'll just think you overclocked it and therefore deny an exchange.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
razr, rezound, or nexus are the best devices on lte. 3g droid 3 incredible 2. Or just wait for mwc to see what will be out in the spring. But if you patient Motorola will have another lte device which will drop the price of both the razr and razr maxx so you may be able to get a razr soon on a bogo.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
I took the root off and checked to see if it was rooted with an app after and it said it wasnt rooted.

Then I made sure any root apps are uninstalled. Should I do a factory reset now just in case? It was slow as hell from day one as well but I managed to get it a bit better after rooting it but it still sucks.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I took the root off and checked to see if it was rooted with an app after and it said it wasnt rooted.

Then I made sure any root apps are uninstalled. Should I do a factory reset now just in case? It was slow as hell from day one as well but I managed to get it a bit better after rooting it but it still sucks.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

I don't think it would hurt.

It would take away some time since they may recommend doing a Factory Reset.

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
Are apps saved to the android account you bought em from? Not worried about the free apps, those can be re-downloaded after a reset. But what about the paid ones I've bought? And my contacts are sync'd to my google apps account, so those should be safe from losing for good right?

And should I take titantium backup off as well even though the phone isn't rooted they may think it was with it right?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just out of curiosity (not trying to start an argument), if it was 'slow as hell from day one' why didn't you switch sooner? At least in that time frame instead of close to 3 months Verizon would be more willing to work with you about the situation.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are apps saved to the android account you bought em from? Not worried about the free apps, those can be re-downloaded after a reset. But what about the paid ones I've bought? And my contacts are sync'd to my google apps account, so those should be safe from losing for good right?

And should I take titantium backup off as well even though the phone isn't rooted they may think it was with it right?
Yes, your paid apps will backup to your google account, or at least the info. Same with your contacts. As for Titanium Backup I would recommend you take it off as it needs root to work.

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity (not trying to start an argument), if it was 'slow as hell from day one' why didn't you switch sooner? At least in that time frame instead of close to 3 months Verizon would be more willing to work with you about the situation.

I don't know =/. This was my first ever smartphone and I guess it just went to my head to fast to really think about it and figured I'd just remove some of the apps, etc. Looking back now I wished I would have done it sooner. But oh well, can't travel back in time now can I.

And for titanium backup, I'll remove it. I paid for it so it should be in my google account if I need it again right?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't know =/. This was my first ever smartphone and I guess it just went to my head to fast to really think about it and figured I'd just remove some of the apps, etc. Looking back now I wished I would have done it sooner. But oh well, can't travel back in time now can I.

And for titanium backup, I'll remove it. I paid for it so it should be in my google account if I need it again right?
Fair enough. Was just curious, thanks for sharing:)

As I posted above, your paid apps will be remembered to your google account as well.

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
Crap, I need to re-root, unfreeze all the apps then unroot again -_-.

Forgot about those.

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
Went by the Verizon store before I left for a trip home and they suggested pulling the battery, which they did. It was fine until I started up the GPS and not even an hour into the trip it was starting to get hot again. Pulled over and pulled the battery again and went on the way. By the time I got back I had to of pulled the battery about 3 times on a 2 hour trip due to it getting hot and freezing up.

I brought it into the Verizon store back at home right when I got there so they could physically feel how hot it was getting, they removed the cover, battery and did agree that it was getting way to hot for just a 2 hour trip using GPS. But again, all they suggested was battery pulling and that was it. She did give me a number to call about it though, so I'm going to call them today and see what they have to say.

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
What's bad is two employees there even admitted it shouldn't of gotten that hot. They both were like well I use my 4g gps on my phone to go on 4 hour+ trips and it gets no where near hot enough to throw out heat sensor detected messages. I almost wanted to be like well, you dont have a revolution do you, if not then stfu.