What phone should I get?

GivingHope

Reaction score
I will be getting my very first smartphone in about a week or so. I'm not sure where to ask this question, but I am undecided on which phone to get. I've been reading that Samsung Galaxy SII, DroidX2, LG Revolution, and Droid Bionic are going to be available soon. The horror stories I've been hearing about the HTC Thunderbolt's battery life turns me away from the Thunderbolt. I'm looking for something that has a good combination of battery life and performance. I'm restricted to Verizon only, so someone help out a future droid owner pick the best android phone . :) Thanks!

leonozug

Reaction score
Droid X2 definitely. I LOVE my X, but this can only be better. I'm picking one up the day it drops!!

leonozug

Reaction score
The Galaxy S II is actually the fastest phone out of the ones you mentioned though. It's a monster of a phone, but won't be on Verizon that I know of. The rest you mentioned will.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the best advice i can give you is go and check the phone out yourself.

you can read all you want, but you won't know if you like it for sure until it's there in your hand. Yeah it's a demo phone, but it's better than reading a few paragraphs about it.

edit: you're also wondering about alot of phones that aren't eve out so i suggest you head to Verizon and test out the different phones. HTC sense, motoblur, samsung ui, etc.

this'll be your "testing the waters" demo and should give you a sense of how the next generation of phones will work

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Its impossible to comment on the battery life of those phones at this stage because there not out yet for people to subject to every day usage.

Dexy has a good point though. For now you can go to Verizon andp lay with the demo phones to decide on a UI, but then again if your willing to mod the phone(read Jailbreak - which is called rooting for android phones) Custom UIs like Motoblur can be ditched. Even with out getting in deep, you can use whats called a launcher to change the way your home screen works.