Good bye eris!!

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Well i have had my Eris for a total of one year and only had to warranty it out once due to the trackball issues. I Rooted and with with Froyo v37 and i loved my phone even tho it was always a tad laggy, i wish there were new updates and that it wasn't Discontinued. Well i am done with Eris and my new Droid 2 is on the way as i type this. See you all on the other side ;)

randy10786

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new D2G. My experience with the Eris was much like yours. I only had it replaced once for a trackball issue, and it was a good phone but always just a tad too laggy for my tastes. I finally just had to jump ship 2 weeks ago and buy an original Droid for a price I couldn't refuse on Craigslist. Have fun!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome, congrats on the upgrade. In August I will be upgrading as well. Though I have had nothing but a great experience with my Eris, no hardware issues I am still on my original handset, I am too big of a geek wanting the latest and greatest thing, and version of Android. I am rooted, and running a 2.1 ROM with HTC Sense. I will probably go to the Bionic or Thunderbolt come August.

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
Congrats on the upgrade. I too had an Eris running Froyo v39. I replaced the factory trackball with a blue blackberry trackball. I am with you all it was a Tad to laggy even after overclocking. I upgraded to the Droid X an am running Rubix 1.9.7 and loving every minute.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sjpritch25

Reaction score
I just recently rooted and installed a rom on my droid eris. The trackball situation has disappeared and i haven't had any really bad lagging issues like before.

OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
I just recently rooted and installed a rom on my droid eris. The trackball situation has disappeared and i haven't had any really bad lagging issues like before.

yea changing the rom definitely helps the Eris reach a higher potential. But compared to all other phones you notice the lag

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I had my Eris for over a year and never had any problems out of it. After a years worth of abuse I was still on my original handset. But alas I am also a nerd and wanted the newest thing out so about a month ago I went out and bought the Droid x. I know I know that the thunderbolt is coming out very soon, but I really like the Droid x it is a sexy little devise. Now my x is rooted and rommed like crazy. So I said goodbye to my Eris but over all it was a wonderful handset.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

zoomy942

Reaction score
I have been a long time lurker - but this post made me finally sign up.

I have had a Moto RAZR2 for over a year, since I was unemployed for most for that time. I have had a job, full time, for a while now, and thinking of getting back into the smartphone game.

But...

I dont have any upgrades on VZW right now between my wife's and my own account. I also live in Sun Valley Idaho, which is WELL outside craigslist range. So I have been looking around the web for an old Eris to pick up but noone seems to have any even in a closet they want to part with. Where did they all go? ha.

At any rate, I saw this thread today and thought since Eris people are collected in one place, I would drop in and see if anyone had an Eris they wouldn't mind parting with.

I have an ipod touch for gaming/netflix/entertainment. The Eris would be just for Google Voice texting and calls.

Thanks guys.

PZ

eriscrazy

Reaction score

I have had a Moto RAZR2 for over a year, since I was unemployed for most for that time. I have had a job, full time, for a while now, and thinking of getting back into the smartphone game.

But...

I dont have any upgrades on VZW right now between my wife's and my own account. I also live in Sun Valley Idaho, which is WELL outside craigslist range. So I have been looking around the web for an old Eris to pick up but noone seems to have any even in a closet they want to part with. Where did they all go? ha.

At any rate, I saw this thread today and thought since Eris people are collected in one place, I would drop in and see if anyone had an Eris they wouldn't mind parting with.

I have an ipod touch for gaming/netflix/entertainment. The Eris would be just for Google Voice texting and calls.

Thanks guys.

PZ
Dang brother I just sold my old eris about a month ago.

RCFlyn

Reaction score

But...

Thanks guys.

PZ

I shot you a PM, mine's less than 2 months old... Not SURE if I wanna get rid of it yet, but money talks....

Look on E-Bay also... they're all over... I know a LOT of people talk bad about E-bay, but, KNOCK ON WOOD, I've never had any problems there... And that's where I got the "X"...

zoomy942

Reaction score

But...

Thanks guys.

PZ
Dang brother I just sold my old eris about a month ago.

Rats! Thanks for the thought though.

PZ

zoomy942

Reaction score

But...

Thanks guys.

PZ

I shot you a PM, mine's less than 2 months old... Not SURE if I wanna get rid of it yet, but money talks....

Look on E-Bay also... they're all over... I know a LOT of people talk bad about E-bay, but, KNOCK ON WOOD, I've never had any problems there... And that's where I got the "X"...

Thank you my friend. I haven't seen a PM yet but even the notion that you have one is farther than I have gotten anywhere else.

PZ

RCFlyn

Reaction score
Thank you my friend. I haven't seen a PM yet but even the notion that you have one is farther than I have gotten anywhere else.
PZ

Another PM Sent. I think I discovered what I did wrong Last Night on the first PM...