Eris wifi issues

ck_csra

Reaction score
Earlier today I exchanged my Moto Droid for an Eris. When I got home, I tried connecting it to my wifi network and started having some issues. My SSID didn't show up in the wifi settings page. I tried to manually enter my wifi settings and that didn't work as well, reboot the phone, pull the battery, search forums, but had no luck finding a solution.

I have a Linksys WRT-160N wireless-N router. The router is currently set up with a network mode as "Mixed" as I have both wireless-N and wireless-G devices connecting to the router. While troubleshooting, I changed the router's network mode to "Wireless-G only." The moment I did that, the Eris could see the SSID and connect. I also tried "Wireless-BG," and the Eris connected with no problems.

I had no issues with the Moto Droid, and am kind of regretting switching now due to this issue. Has anyone else experienced problems getting their Eris to talk wireless-N?

scajjr

Reaction score
My Eris connects to my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH wireless N router fine.

Sam

duel007

Reaction score
Mine works fine with the G here in my dorms, but doesn't pick up the N signal, why not try switching your router temporarily to G only?

Ricky Mac

Reaction score
Change Encryption

I change the security encryption from AES/TKIP to AES only and was able to get B-G-N mode to work.
I have a Linksys WRT110.

Last edited:

mistaj33

Reaction score
No problems with mixed b,g,n modes on my D-Link DIR-655. I also have tkip/aes on auto-switch. I would check Linksys for a firmware update before doing anything else.

Ricky Mac

Reaction score
What router does it all?

I have the latest firmware in the WRT 110.
So the Wii didn't like those settings so it's back to B/G only with AES and TKIP.
Anyone have a router with B,G and N with a Wii and Android?

mistaj33

Reaction score
My cousin has a Wii. I'll try and go check his encryption settings tomorrow. But if AES-only is working just use that. It's better than TKIP anyway.