Good Band Thread

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In my humble opinion, we should change the name and update the rules. As the OP stated, this thread was started with one purpose...to share new (er) / obscure music that we may not be aware of. I absolutely love Jonny Cash, but I already have his songs on my phone and am very familiar with this work. I want to hear new (er) bands that I am not familiar with. I think we already have a thread for Favorite Music. That's where we can post our favorite tracks of all time, and reminisce. If we don't have one....let's start one. That makes it fairly simple. One thread to share our all-time favorites and another to share obscure music that is not familiar to many people. Again, that's just my opinion and I am not, I repeat am not, saying anyone is wrong or broke any rules. It would just be nice to get this back to what it was and move on.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Love it, Sajo️! I'm starting the "Favorite Music Thread" with one of my favorites. We can keep this as the "Obscure Music Thread" with rules that it is for music that is not top 40, not well known, new bands/music that needs more exposure and should be discovered. I think this should work for everyone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Edit: Oh, guess I won't start the new thread. Sajo beat me to it.... or rediscovered the one that already existed. So I'll just have to post there.

Last edited:
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
IMO, just leave the thread as is, any music instead of only music a certain member likes.

Of come on, Mr. Salty. First of all, as I've said more then once now, there is plenty of music in this thread I didn't like. Plenty of MODERN music. When I started this thread I wanted to be turned on and turn others onto: new music. It was never intended to be used to... get kids into 80's music. I just have a feeling you are one of 'those people' that think there hasn't been a good song written in 15 years. At least. Amirite?
Have you found anything new in this thread that you like? I hope you did.
Do you click links we share, or just post?

Bottom line: But you know what, the more I think about... It's my thread! I started it. I decide da' rules. Not you. Go away and post in that other thread. or start your own!
:D bwahahahaha :D

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LMAO I just tried to find ANYTHING that said "80's music sucks"... anything. .gif. meme. pic. Anything.
I couldn't find one thing.
Apparently 80's music does not suck.
hehehehe ;)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, but 60's & 70's music is the best!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I like your idea
In my humble opinion, we should change the name and update the rules. As the OP stated, this thread was started with one purpose...to share new (er) / obscure music that we may not be aware of. I absolutely love Jonny Cash, but I already have his songs on my phone and am very familiar with this work. I want to hear new (er) bands that I am not familiar with. I think we already have a thread for Favorite Music. That's where we can post our favorite tracks of all time, and reminisce. If we don't have one....let's start one. That makes it fairly simple. One thread to share our all-time favorites and another to share obscure music that is not familiar to many people. Again, that's just my opinion and I am not, I repeat am not, saying anyone is wrong or broke any rules. It would just be nice to get this back to what it was and move on.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I may have posted this one before, I can't remember. If I did I am sorry for the dup post. My daughter just reminded me about this song and I cranked it up while cleaning the dinner dishes.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Missed that Kaleo one. I'll check it out.

And now for something completely (a little) different. I'm sure some people know this band. This tune just came across my Spotify and I thought it was very catchy. Kind of made me think of something David Bowie might do if, well y'a know. ;)

Arcade Fire: Everything Now.
EDIT THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT ONE
Apparently there's some kind of conecpt thing going on with this album and there are a few tracks called "Everything Now": Everything Now (continued) and Everything Now (Todo-Ya)
This is the one that caught my... ear.

Wadman

Reaction score

These guys eventually became "Run Kid Run." This was shot at a place in a small town called Carmi, IL. The "Basement" was a place where kids could go and hear great music. It was exactly what it says, a basement in one of the band member houses. They had a show every weekend and if your band was lucky enough to get an invite then you knew you had "made it" (in the local scene anyway) Shoulder to shoulder in there but an absolute blast. Some of my best memories.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good stuff guys. Those two new ones may not end up on my personal thumbs up playlist, but definitely cool.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

In This Moment featuring Rob Halford
Black Wedding

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks Pere. I've heard a few of their other songs and they weren't really my style. That one might go in my Thumbs Up playlist.