Ronnie James Dio died

Darkseider

Reaction score
I raise the horns in tribute and in memoriam of RJD. May you rest in peace.

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Darkseider

Reaction score
So apparently the wbc Will be protesting his funeral. ... wtf

As much as I disagree with the message that the WBC is spreading it is their right, as Americans, to publicly picket and protest. So it is that right which I support and will vehemently defend regardless of the circumstance. For anyone to deny an individual or group of individuals that right makes them worse than those they wish to silence. By living in this country and the freedoms guaranteed us by the constitution we have to take the good with the bad.

Anyway. Rest in Peace, R.J.D. You were, are and always will be an icon to metalheads everywhere! :rockon:

ricepuddin

Reaction score

As much as I disagree with the message that the WBC is spreading it is their right, as Americans, to publicly picket and protest. So it is that right which I support and will vehemently defend regardless of the circumstance. For anyone to deny an individual or group of individuals that right makes them worse than those they wish to silence. By living in this country and the freedoms guaranteed us by the constitution we have to take the good with the bad.

Anyway. Rest in Peace, R.J.D. You were, are and always will be an icon to metalheads everywhere! :rockon:

I am 100% for freedom of speach, however their method are in port taste. Protest all you want.... but have some respect for the family.

But karma is a *****, and I'm sure when their leader dies there will be hundreds of people waiting...

Darkseider

Reaction score

I am 100% for freedom of speach, however their method are in port taste. Protest all you want.... but have some respect for the family.

But karma is a *****, and I'm sure when their leader dies there will be hundreds of people waiting...

The thing is Freedom of Speech does not dictate nor does it require respect. Again I fully agree with you but in that same breath I defend their right to assemble and protest. On the karma thing, oh yeah, she is a finicky ***** and will definitely come and slap the WBC around soon enough.

toddj

Reaction score
I had never really listened to dio until recently. I'm sorry i missed out on him for so long. RIP

brando56894

Reaction score
I had no idea about this! I just managed to stumble upon it and it shocked the hell out of me!

RIP man you can battle it out with the real Dio (if there is one...) now in heaven and hell!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Protesting a funereal is just plain disrespectful. What is wrong with people?

My breakdown on Ronnie James Dio.

Good Front Man for Rainbow, great when he went solo too.

He can out sing Ozzy any day, but Ozzy is Black Sabbath. And I'm still mystified by the lyrics of "After Forever." If you've never heard that Black Sabbath song, listen to it. It talks about faith in God. Really.

On his best day he could not sing better then Ian Gillan. Ian Gillan wil always be, and as a matter of fact currently is the lead singer for Deep Purple. Which can't really be Deep Purple without Richie Blackmore.

So I'm saying he was a great vocalist in his own right and with Rainbow. He just plain didin't belong in Deep Purple or Black Sabbath.

RIP Ronnie James Dio.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I think a lot of religious nut jobs associate all metal music as Satanic. It's funny because there are a ton of current metal/hardcore bands that are if not outright Christian, very spiritual with their lyrics.

While I agree about freedom of speech, it seems ridiculous to protest a funeral. The guy is dead. What exactly are the protesting? Their actions don't strike me as very "Christian."

ricepuddin

Reaction score

Agreed. And no desire to see federal or local entities stop them or limit them,

The thing is Freedom of Speech does not dictate nor does it require respect. Again I fully agree with you but in that same breath I defend their right to assemble and protest. On the karma thing, oh yeah, she is a finicky ***** and will definitely come and slap the WBC around soon enough.
not disagreeing. More so venting. R.I.p

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of religious nut jobs associate all metal music as Satanic. It's funny because there are a ton of current metal/hardcore bands that are if not outright Christian, very spiritual with their lyrics.

While I agree about freedom of speech, it seems ridiculous to protest a funeral. The guy is dead. What exactly are the protesting? Their actions don't strike me as very "Christian."
yeah a little off topic but please dont think these sick people truly represent christians. Jesus preached love not hate. Their is no true biblical foundation to their protests. I am ashamed they call themselves christians.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brando56894

Reaction score

not to start a flame war or anything but most of the "hardcore religious nuts" out there are far from being "christian" since they advocate hate and all sorts of other things which are outright "non-christian". I was raised Lutheran (a sub-sect of christianity) and never really believed that much in it, but it never ceases to amaze me how a lot of these "hardcore christians" are so far out in left field compared to "normal christians". The one thing that always got me was the religious people that abhor gays, yet the bible is supposed to teach tolerance and all that good crap lol

I had a discussion about how the universe was created (the big bang vs. god created everything in 7 days) one time with one of my hardcore religious friends and it was amazing how close minded she was about everything and she refused to accept any alternate theories.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is exactly why we don't discuss politics and religion in the forums. It causes problems. I'd like to get more into it but then, well, I'd have to give myself a warning. :icon_eek:

ricepuddin

Reaction score
This is exactly why we don't discuss politics and religion in the forums. It causes problems. I'd like to get more into it but then, well, I'd have to give myself a warning. :icon_eek:

Sorry hook didn't mean to start a religion discussion