Going into big red tomorrow..

Codiusprie

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is arguing that people shouldn't be pissed about the CLNR crap. Once again, what I, and a few others have a problem with are the people who are blatantly taking advantage of the system and thinking they are deserving of a D2 or DX for some crazy reason. If Verizon offers you a D2 cause you are on your fifth D1 replacement, hell yes take it. But don't send a CLNR back because it has "receptions problems" (when it doesn't have reception problems) or "It feels weird in my hand" and demand a D2. This only hurts everyone in the long run. And again, not everyone is comfortable opening up the phone.

Droids

Reaction score
I'm having to go through this CLN garbage too. Not because my phone is defective but because the software update messed something up. My first one arrived yesterday. Screen was loose, so packaged it back up and sent it right back. I would do that with a D2 X or any other crap they send. I don't want a D2 I want my droid and I want it in perfect condition just like mine is. I would prefer to keep mine, but they don't want to fix it, they just want to replace it. It's easier and they don't have to actually know anything then.

In your case I wouldn't trade perfect hardware for a CLN, because of a software issue. I'd go hang out in the Rescue forum or in the new Lab forum. Droid Labs - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
If it will boot to the M logo, it should be possible to completely wipe it and install a fresh copy of the OS.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is arguing that people shouldn't be pissed about the CLNR crap. Once again, what I, and a few others have a problem with are the people who are blatantly taking advantage of the system and thinking they are deserving of a D2 or DX for some crazy reason. If Verizon offers you a D2 cause you are on your fifth D1 replacement, hell yes take it. But don't send a CLNR back because it has "receptions problems" (when it doesn't have reception problems) or "It feels weird in my hand" and demand a D2. This only hurts everyone in the long run. And again, not everyone is comfortable opening up the phone.

Sorry to segway... but people actually try that?

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I'm having to go through this CLN garbage too. Not because my phone is defective but because the software update messed something up. My first one arrived yesterday. Screen was loose, so packaged it back up and sent it right back. I would do that with a D2 X or any other crap they send. I don't want a D2 I want my droid and I want it in perfect condition just like mine is. I would prefer to keep mine, but they don't want to fix it, they just want to replace it. It's easier and they don't have to actually know anything then.

In your case I wouldn't trade perfect hardware for a CLN, because of a software issue. I'd go hang out in the Rescue forum or in the new Lab forum. Droid Labs - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
If it will boot to the M logo, it should be possible to completely wipe it and install a fresh copy of the OS.

They were supposed to have done this yesterday. Didn't fix it.

Detonation

Reaction score
I would prefer to keep mine, but they don't want to fix it, they just want to replace it. It's easier and they don't have to actually know anything then.

It makes you wonder what they actually do when they receive a defective phone. You would think they would try to verify the defect and specifically fix/repair it, but I'll bet as soon as its received it justs gets added to a pile of phones lined up for a general recertification process so they can be turned around and sent back out as quick as possible.

korp

Reaction score
Ok so I thought I'd post my story here an hopefully by tomorrow I will have my issues resolved.

Basically my D1 the "F" key came up an I'm going to take it to big red tomorrow as its still under my one year warranty from Motorola. So I'm hoping to walk out of vzw with a new D1 (realllyyyyyyyy don't want a refurbished one) or a D2. Now I don't really want another phone because I love my D1. Now here is where I think that me getting a new phone will be a problem. I have a upgrade on my line for a two new as I used a different upgrade to get my Droid. So I'm worried that they'll just keep pressuring me to take my two new an then they will say its pretty much my only option as my Droid has been E.O.L.

So here's to hoping that ill walk out there with a new phones guys!

A D2 would be more likely than a new D1 since they don't exist anymore. Refurbs aren't easy to get a hold of either. As far as your New Every Two goes, they can't force that over a warranty issue so be sure to remind them of that. Good luck!!
Yup ... if it's under warranty, you don't have to use an upgrade because they will fix it or get you a phone (either same model or newer). Most likely you will get a Droid 2.

Codiusprie

Reaction score

Sorry to segway... but people actually try that?

I exaggerated, but reading some of the stories in the other thread I am surprised we haven't seen that excuse. For a while there people were turning their phone in for every tiny imperfection.

R_G

Reaction score
Ok, so any time a customer calls the reps can only give that device to the customer. The reason is that alot of customers before would take advantage of VZW. VZW reads forums and blogs, especially ones like this one. People that call and are pist because they say that their device is faulty when is not and want a droid 2, x or INC are ignorant and commiting fraud. The more the people post "im going to try and get a D2" are commiting fraud and killing it for the reast of the honest individuals and also making reps jobs harder.

ashenfang

Reaction score
I would say that the majority of people out there are not trying to take advantage Verizon, they just simply want a phone that performs and does what they pay for. Don't say you are going to send me a "like new" phone, when it obviously isn't. Loose screens, bad software, messed up keyboards. These are all things that are NOT on a new phone. So if Verizon chooses to send phones as replacements to their customers with these problems, then they should expect to get phone calls. I think for the most part Verizon hopes that the replacement is "good enough" for most people, but when you are paying upwards of $300/mo with 5 lines of service, you should expect to have good service and equipment.

iPirate

Reaction score
omg more of this ****... get over it guys. if you want something you have to pay for it. not everything in life is free.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
How about we get what we paid for a phone that actually works! Most of us don't want anything other than what we paid for, and it's not fair that they keep sending us refurbs that are crap.

crspang

Reaction score
I am on my 2nd CLNR and am very happy with it. The first one they sent had a bad magnetic sensor but this one is great! Crap happens.

Also, Im pretty sure that the manufacturer's warranty clearly states that a CLNR is a viable option and that they don't have to replace the phone with a new one.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Conclusion!

Well my CLN Droid came in the mail today an it looks fine. No loose screen, no software issues so far, headphone works an it runs like my old D1. (Well it will when its rooted :p ) So i guess all this worry over CLN droid being a piece of junk is, to say, few an far between. the only problem i think ink gonna have is that my CLN droid has a FLAT keyboard -_-....my old one had a bubbly one.

Welp now comes the hard part i have say good bye to my original droid :( its the only cellphone of recent years that hasn't crapped out on me in like 3 months (i came from a Blackberry Storm). needless to say I'm happy with my CLN D1!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well my CLN Droid came in the mail today an it looks fine. No loose screen, no software issues so far, headphone works an it runs like my old D1. (Well it will when its rooted :p ) So i guess all this worry over CLN droid being a piece of junk is, to say, few an far between. the only problem i think ink gonna have is that my CLN droid has a FLAT keyboard -_-....my old one had a bubbly one.

Welp now comes the hard part i have say good bye to my original droid :( its the only cellphone of recent years that hasn't crapped out on me in like 3 months (i came from a Blackberry Storm). needless to say I'm happy with my CLN D1!

My Droid has a flat keyboard. I think there are more of those then the bubbly ones. But glad to hear you got a decent one that works.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the raised keyboard, and this is the same Droid I bought on Nov, 6th last year, I have seen the flat keypad's and they are not very forgiving