Going into big red tomorrow..

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ok so I thought I'd post my story here an hopefully by tomorrow I will have my issues resolved.

Basically my D1 the "F" key came up an I'm going to take it to big red tomorrow as its still under my one year warranty from Motorola. So I'm hoping to walk out of vzw with a new D1 (realllyyyyyyyy don't want a refurbished one) or a D2. Now I don't really want another phone because I love my D1. Now here is where I think that me getting a new phone will be a problem. I have a upgrade on my line for a two new as I used a different upgrade to get my Droid. So I'm worried that they'll just keep pressuring me to take my two new an then they will say its pretty much my only option as my Droid has been E.O.L.

So here's to hoping that ill walk out there with a new phones guys!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok so I thought I'd post my story here an hopefully by tomorrow I will have my issues resolved.

Basically my D1 the "F" key came up an I'm going to take it to big red tomorrow as its still under my one year warranty from Motorola. So I'm hoping to walk out of vzw with a new D1 (realllyyyyyyyy don't want a refurbished one) or a D2. Now I don't really want another phone because I love my D1. Now here is where I think that me getting a new phone will be a problem. I have a upgrade on my line for a two new as I used a different upgrade to get my Droid. So I'm worried that they'll just keep pressuring me to take my two new an then they will say its pretty much my only option as my Droid has been E.O.L.

So here's to hoping that ill walk out there with a new phones guys!

A D2 would be more likely than a new D1 since they don't exist anymore. Refurbs aren't easy to get a hold of either. As far as your New Every Two goes, they can't force that over a warranty issue so be sure to remind them of that. Good luck!!

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ok so I just got back from Verizon an here's what went down.

I went in an talked to a Rep an I showed him my keyboard an told him I was typen on my phone my "F" button was coming up an then one time I didn't notice how much an I slid the phone shut an the lip caught the "F" button. So he said that would be covered under warranty (no duh) an he said I'm gonna check the back to see if we have any, an I wanted to say I doubt it but held my tongue. He came back an said they had none in the back but could send me a certified like new one. I told I wanted a brand new because I have friends who got those kind an experience jumpy screens an loose top half's of the Droid. I couldn't stress enough that I didn't want a certified like new but he said my only other option was that I could upgrade with my two new. I told him I was saving that till a phone came out that I really wanted an I only had my Droid for ten months so I wanted my warranty honored he said he understood an all he could offer me is a certified like new Droid. I finally agreed but told him if I had any problems with the phone at all I will be back that day with the phone.

So my "like new" Droid will be here tomorrow or the day after an we'll see where I go from there.

Silverwing

Reaction score
I don't understand why you expect a new droid for your ten month old device. Can you explain your reasoning please.

Reaction score
Working as a indirect manager, we had a situation similar to this last week.

A customer bought a phone like 3 months ago, had issues and came in get a warranty replacement. We were more than happy to get on the phone and get a CLNR sent out but then she freaked out at us.

The thing is, the warranty is not a verizon thing. It's a Manufacturer thing. Ie: Motorola. True, they ship from and through verizon but what do you think verizon does with the one that you send back? Sends it back to motorola to get credit for it.

So if you really have an issue with it, take it up with motorola. Having said that, depending on your region you're pretty likely to get a brand new D2 in box.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
I don't understand why you expect a new droid for your ten month old device. Can you explain your reasoning please.

It is the new craze on the forums, everyone is taking their D1s in for warranty work expecting to get a new DX or D2. There is a whole thread about it in the News forum.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score

Because under a one year warranty I should get a new device as it claims if anything happens to my droid in one year according to the warranty I get a new device of the same make from them if I'm Correct.

An I didn't freak out the guy we had a pleasent experiance I was just polite an didn't raise my voice I just said an repeated I really didn't want a refurbished Droid an towards the end he seemed to agree with me. Sorry if it seemed like I was rude of being a jerk . I just didn't want a referb but like I said he said it was all he can do so I said I understand an took it. All I wanted was a Droid I never asked if he could replace it with anything else . An tbh I can see in my post where it may seem like I was being a douche but I said it all politely an with a smile. Also I live in Northwestern Ohio so maybe ill get a D2 (Which I kinda don't want) if I do though I'm not gona complain about it but I'm not sure what I send back if I get a d2 haha.

BigZig

Reaction score
The peoblem is vzw started sending the d2 to people that took the d1 in for warranty replacement and those people started posting here that this was occuring now everyone wants a d2 when looking for a replacement for the d1. That is verizons fault.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Even though I stated I didn't want a Droid 2 but ok big z? Lol I want what is covered which is the old Droid 1....I don't want the Droid x or Droid two...I like my dpad an my all black phone (an I love it when I overclock it :p) if I wanted either I would use my upgrade I just want a Droid no more no less...

Dragoro

Reaction score
The peoblem is vzw started sending the d2 to people that took the d1 in for warranty replacement and those people started posting here that this was occuring now everyone wants a d2 when looking for a replacement for the d1. That is verizons fault.

Nope, its people taking advantage of verizon. Id say that the majority of people filing warranty claims lately, never would of even thought of making a claim if they hadnt heard about motorolla exchanging droid 2s for droid 1s and now are just looking for a free upgrade.

Codiusprie

Reaction score

Because under a one year warranty I should get a new device as it claims if anything happens to my droid in one year according to the warranty I get a new device of the same make from them if I'm Correct.

Pretty sure that isn't what it says.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score

Well that's funny because that's what Verizon Rep told me over the phone before I even went into there building today...I've been planning on taken my phone in for awhile I put it off as I was busy an because I was mostly using my on-screen keyboard but now that I'm emailing an keeping allot of stuff I used to keeping notebooks now on my Droid a keyboard for me is a must. As I've stated I could care less if its a one or two or hell even a 3 lol I just want a physical keyboard back.

BigZig

Reaction score

Nope, its people taking advantage of verizon. Id say that the majority of people filing warranty claims lately, never would of even thought of making a claim if they hadnt heard about motorolla exchanging droid 2s for droid 1s and now are just looking for a free upgrade.

This is Verizon's fault for sending the d2 out in the first place. But I does not matter now because the OP does not even want a D2. And if your taking your phone in for a warranty replacement its not because your lookin for a free upgrade they are doing it because there phone is defective

Zargon

Reaction score

Well that's funny because that's what Verizon Rep told me over the phone before I even went into there building today...I've been planning on taken my phone in for awhile I put it off as I was busy an because I was mostly using my on-screen keyboard but now that I'm emailing an keeping allot of stuff I used to keeping notebooks now on my Droid a keyboard for me is a must. As I've stated I could care less if its a one or two or hell even a 3 lol I just want a physical keyboard back.

You might want to check your contract, because it says this:

View Return/Exchange Procedures

If you're having a problem with your wireless device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll-free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the wireless device, we'll send you a Certified Like-New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door. Certified Like-New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original wireless device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.
Wireless devices that are lost, stolen or subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage, unreasonable wear and tear and the like, are not eligible for return or exchange.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

This is Verizon's fault for sending the d2 out in the first place. But I does not matter now because the OP does not even want a D2. And if your taking your phone in for a warranty replacement its not because your lookin for a free upgrade they are doing it because there phone is defective

That's my opinion too. There are some who are looking for a free upgrade, but most just want their D1 to work and only want it replaced if it doesn't. There are some things that I like about the D2, but overall I like my D1 better. I've gotten used to the keyboard and didn't see any advantage to the D2 keyboard. If my D1 goes south, I would prefer to get a new or as new as mine looks D1 as the replacement. The only way I would want the D2 as a replacement is if the refurb D1's are crappy (loose screen sliders, scratches, etc). There is no way I would want the DX, as I don't like the virtual keyboard or the size.