Going into big red tomorrow..

Dragoro

Reaction score
The peoblem is vzw started sending the d2 to people that took the d1 in for warranty replacement and those people started posting here that this was occuring now everyone wants a d2 when looking for a replacement for the d1. That is verizons fault.

And if your taking your phone in for a warranty replacement its not because your lookin for a free upgrade they are doing it because there phone is defective

That was true before people found out about getting d2s as replacements. Then it became because people were looking for free upgrades. Thats not verizons fault, thats people trying to take advantage of the system.

ronjr123

Reaction score
At the end of the day, VZW still has the authority to not honor an exchange. That is why they try to troubleshoot or inspect the phone prior to ageeing that a warranty claim is valid. To say people are taking advantage of VZW is not entirely true as that can always say no. IMHO that have not sold the D2 like they thought they would and to get more out there they are doing this exchange.

If people are taking advantage wouldn't it stand to reason that they now have a lot or D1's to give out?

ricks

Reaction score
I got my "certified like CRAP replacement" today and it is bent. The keyboard it bent and the space between the screen and keyboard is over 1/8 inch on the lower left of the phone. I called them and they are sending another on Friday.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Pretty sure that isn't what it says.

Well that's funny because that's what Verizon Rep told me over the phone before I even went into there building today...I've been planning on taken my phone in for awhile I put it off as I was busy an because I was mostly using my on-screen keyboard but now that I'm emailing an keeping allot of stuff I used to keeping notebooks now on my Droid a keyboard for me is a must. As I've stated I could care less if its a one or two or hell even a 3 lol I just want a physical keyboard back.

You might want to check your contract, because it says this:

View Return/Exchange Procedures

If you're having a problem with your wireless device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll-free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the wireless device, we'll send you a Certified Like-New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door. Certified Like-New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original wireless device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.
Wireless devices that are lost, stolen or subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage, unreasonable wear and tear and the like, are not eligible for return or exchange.

Seriously, no where does it say you are entitled to a new phone. Verizon owes you nothing.

/thread

tommyb38

Reaction score
I got my "certified like CRAP replacement" today and it is bent. The keyboard it bent and the space between the screen and keyboard is over 1/8 inch on the lower left of the phone. I called them and they are sending another on Friday.

What is funny is all of the people that think that if they keep sending them back because of mysterious problems right out of the box. I am willing to bet, and pretty sure :), that there is a remark system that states evrytime that a customer does things like this. How many times does a customer think they can take advantage of a company? What happens is something like the little boy who cried wolf. I happen to have seen quite a few CLNR phones in my day, and about 95% of them look exactly like a brand new phone, and about 50% of them are brand new phones. Cellular customers are the worst customers in the world for expecting something for nothing. Always want free. You don't expect a free car from your gasoline company because you use their gas, do you? You don't expect a free pair of socks from Nike because you wear their shoes, do you? Maybe if everyone would quit trying to screw cellular companies, price plans might go down.

BigZig

Reaction score

What is funny is all of the people that think that if they keep sending them back because of mysterious problems right out of the box. I am willing to bet, and pretty sure :), that there is a remark system that states evrytime that a customer does things like this. How many times does a customer think they can take advantage of a company? What happens is something like the little boy who cried wolf. I happen to have seen quite a few CLNR phones in my day, and about 95% of them look exactly like a brand new phone, and about 50% of them are brand new phones. Cellular customers are the worst customers in the world for expecting something for nothing. Always want free. You don't expect a free car from your gasoline company because you use their gas, do you? You don't expect a free pair of socks from Nike because you wear their shoes, do you? Maybe if everyone would quit trying to screw cellular companies, price plans might go down.

Well you don't sign a contract with an oil company to only use there gas for two years or the same with nike you can buy new shoes or go across the street to a different oil company to get gas but you are stuck in a contract with verizon. Verizon does not make money on phones anyway so to replace one with a new one or one that the customer finds in very good condition is what people in retail call good customer service.

ricks

Reaction score

I took pictures of the crap phone I got so no one could say crap about why I refused this one. This is the first time I had to get a replacement phone and with all Im hearing about CLNR, I am waiting for one in the same condition my currant one. And mine is in new condition. Verizon should not allow phones in this condition be put back out to customers.

Codiusprie

Reaction score

I took pictures of the crap phone I got so no one could say crap about why I refused this one. This is the first time I had to get a replacement phone and with all Im hearing about CLNR, I am waiting for one in the same condition my currant one. And mine is in new condition. Verizon should not allow phones in this condition be put back out to customers.

I agree with this, CLNR should be just like it says, "like new." I think the problem I, and a few others have is going into the exchange expecting to get a D2 or DX. I would send the phone back too, but I wouldn't call them up and demand a new phone (which I see you didn't). Let us know how it turns out.

Droids

Reaction score
If your original phone is the one you would really prefer to keep, then just buy a replacement keyboard and swap it out yourself.

ricks

Reaction score
If your original phone is the one you would really prefer to keep, then just buy a replacement keyboard and swap it out yourself.

yeah, why not, Im sure everyone knows how to just replace the keyboard.

Droids

Reaction score

New keyboard only costs $10 and there are plenty of How-Tos and videos showing how to take the Droid apart and put it back together again. You would want the proper tools too, so add another $10 or so to the cost.

I'm just saying it's an option you have, and maybe a better choice than going through the refurb circus.

Codiusprie

Reaction score

New keyboard only costs $10 and there are plenty of How-Tos and videos showing how to take the Droid apart and put it back together again. You would want the proper tools too, so add another $10 or so to the cost.

I'm just saying it's an option you have, and maybe a better choice than going through the refurb circus.

Not everyone is comfortable with opening up their phones and voiding the warranty. I get a crappy CLNR I send it back, and send it back and send it back till I get a good phone. I open up my phone and mess something up, now I am out a phone.

Droids

Reaction score

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I'm having to go through this CLN garbage too. Not because my phone is defective but because the software update messed something up. My first one arrived yesterday. Screen was loose, so packaged it back up and sent it right back. I would do that with a D2 X or any other crap they send. I don't want a D2 I want my droid and I want it in perfect condition just like mine is. I would prefer to keep mine, but they don't want to fix it, they just want to replace it. It's easier and they don't have to actually know anything then.