going back to stock rom

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Truthfully, I don't know. Perhaps if you have a semi-functional stock system fastboot might work. It's a long shot, but it's all I've got. My backup was linked in the last few posts of that thread I mentioned earlier.

Ultimately you need to get your phone to properly sbf back to stock. There's really no other solution at this point.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

so youre saying if I can get one of these stock roms to flash, then try the RSD lite ap fast boot it should do it?

GigaJake

Reaction score
I'm saying that's the last possible solution I can think of. Fastbooting without safestrap installed should be a solve-all-problem solution. But for some reason, your phone won't fastboot. I'm just throwing out suggestion that might help fix that.

Edit: also research a tool known as "moto-fastboot". I'm not sure if it'll work on the droid 4 but it seems to be a manual sbf flasher. There might be a way to manually flash the cdt.bin and then rsdlite the rest

Last edited:

mattjenn

Reaction score
If you have a stock rom on stock slot hopefully then you should be able to fxz. Also safe strap will hopefully bypass the ap fast boot error your getting so it'll boot up properly. Unfortunately this is risk of stuff to deal with when flashing over the stock slot

GigaJake

Reaction score
I'd really rather avoid you kicking a puppy so I'll back out of this thread. Ta-ta.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
I'd really rather avoid you kicking a puppy so I'll back out of this thread. Ta-ta.

Tired flashing the rom you linked with sfae strao 3.11 and now my phone looks as though it is powered on, but will not do anything. will not turn back off, does not give me any options do do anything

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
ok..... shes breathin and it looks like stock, but im not sure how it got there

GigaJake

Reaction score
Saw your post on XDA, sorry if you're frustrated, but fixing your fastboot is the only solution. Maybe somebody over there can offer you something I didn't. Just trying to help. Goodluck

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
ok. got stock active on my phone, but RSD still fails at 6/18. We are getting somewhere

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Stock is only installed on rom slot 1 trying to get it onto stock slot

GigaJake

Reaction score
Just gotta fix fastboot and you're in the gold. Googled the cdt.bin error, bionic users had some sort of script to fix it, Razr users were trying to flash the wrong xml file, people recommended using a program named moto-fastboot to manually do the cdt.bin

I personally had this issue on my Droid 3 but I'm fuzzy on how I managed to fix it. I'll let you know what I find.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
i am trying a backup of rom slot 1 and I am going to try and restore that one to stock

GigaJake

Reaction score
You're in too deep, you need a clean fastboot flash.

Here's a solution:
Download the moto-fastboot program here and unzip the folder.
Place the cdt.bin file from the sbf zip into the moto-fastboot folder
open up command prompt and navigate to the folder with the moto-fastboot.exe program in it
place your phone in fastboot mode and connect to the pc
in command prompt try "moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin"
Hopefully this will fix the cdt error
Without restarting the phone, try doing the full sbf through RSD lite. Hopefully it will not fail this time

assuming the fastboot works, reboot into recovery and perform a factory reset and wipe cache.
Good luck.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
You're in too deep, you need a clean fastboot flash.

Here's a solution:
Download the moto-fastboot program here and unzip the folder.
Place the cdt.bin file from the sbf zip into the moto-fastboot folder
open up command prompt and navigate to the folder with the moto-fastboot.exe program in it
place your phone in fastboot mode and connect to the pc
in command prompt try "moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin"
Hopefully this will fix the cdt error
Without restarting the phone, try doing the full sbf through RSD lite. Hopefully it will not fail this time

assuming the fastboot works, reboot into recovery and perform a factory reset and wipe cache.
Good luck.

what is the sbf zip?

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
follwed the steps and still failed at 6/18