going back to stock rom

Bremen

Reaction score
I am trying to go back to my stock rom. I am having battery issues while using google nav. I tried doing a hard factory wipe but my stock rom will not load. My phone continuzlly boots into eclipse. Please help

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Quick question, what phone and operating system are you on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok, so we're talking about a custom ROM on a D4. We may have someone I the RS team that can help but it might be better if this post were in the D4 hacks section, or if we have a devoted section for that ROM developer. I'll look.

Well, looks like your best bet for an answer is the D4 ROMs section. I'll move this thread there.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just moved this thread from the Rescue Squad section...can someone lend a hand here? Thanks! :D

GigaJake

Reaction score
Let's see what we can do here.

What recovery are you using? Safestrap? What version?

Is your stock slot still untouched or did you install eclipse over your stock system?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
I am using safestrap 3.5. After playing with my phone a bit it seems that some how i have managed to replace my stock rom with eclipse

GigaJake

Reaction score
Ouch. That's typically a no no.

Let me see what options we have. Do you have any nandroid backups of your stock system and/or can you still boot up eclipse and use it (for the most part)?

GigaJake

Reaction score
If you have a nandroid backup of your stock system, restore that on your stock slot. If you don't, I posted one at the end of this thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200752

Should be able to put it in the backup location of your sdcard "TWRP/backups/" and use it. The fellow from that thread didn't reply so I don't know if it works.

Alternately, yes. You will need to sbf back to stock. Boot up whatever is in your stock slot, reinstall the safestrap app so that you can uninstall the recovery. You'll need the official ICS sbf file. You can find it in Hash's directory at:
Goo.im/devs/Hashcode/maserati

Follow the steps for fastbooting here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=206972
Just ignore the part where it tells you to use a Gingerbread sbf file. That'll result in a brick. Don't forget to factory reset or you'll most likely get a bootloop.

Good luck.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Ok.... I have tried all of the steps above. While on the RSD step and the fastboot is flashing it gets to 6/18 and returns error "Failed Flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned fail." Now my phone will not get out of AP fast boot mode.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest motorola usb drivers, redownload the sbf file or get it from another source, or check google. I'll let you know what I find.

Power off your phone until you find a solution, DO NOT LET THE BATTERY DIE

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Ok, so I have managed to get it back into eclipse, but thats about it. I still run into the same error when fast booting

GigaJake

Reaction score
I got that error when messing with my droid 3. I don't think there is a clear cut solution. Again, make sure you have the latest drivers and perhaps trying to get the sbf file from a different source, sometimes bad downloads will break it or something.

Given that the droid 4 doesn't have a removable battery, make sure you have a full charge before attempting anything else.

Did you make sure to uninstall safestrap completely? Try different usb ports and the official cable your phone came with.

I was messing with a Droid 2 global last night and EzSBF wouldn't recognize the sucker unless it was plugged into a certain port, so sometimes stuff like that matters

Last edited:
OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Ive tried everything you have suggested. Ive tried finding different sources of the file needed. It still gets to 6/19 then fails.