Automatic Brightness stopped working

kenji91

Reaction score
I'm running Eclipse 1.5.2 and my stock auto brightness stopped working. I re-flashed the ROM without wiping and it worked for a day but stopped working again. Anyone have any ideas?

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's enabled...Lux and Android fought, which is the reason I asked. You try wiping data yet? Maybe something got left behind...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's enabled...Lux and Android fought, which is the reason I asked. You try wiping data yet? Maybe something got left behind...

Well it only recently started acting weird. I haven't had either of them installed for months.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I'm fresh out of bright ideas, in that case, lol.

Good luck, hopefully somebody else has more insight than me!

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
I'm fresh out of bright ideas, in that case, lol.

Good luck, hopefully somebody else has more insight than me!

haha thanks anyway! i actually just tried wiping everything and flashing a fresh version of 1.5.2 and the auto brightness still didnt work. hmm...

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
I found this interesting but... my light sensor seems to be broken. Not sure if it's hardware or software, but I installed Lux to see what the reading would say and it says 20,000 (max) no matter how dark the room I'm in.

Has anyone heard of this?

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I found this interesting but... my light sensor seems to be broken. Not sure if it's hardware or software, but I installed Lux to see what the reading would say and it says 20,000 (max) no matter how dark the room I'm in.

Has anyone heard of this?
is uninstall safestrap. boot into your unsafe system. restore with rsd and reroot and install ss again than the rom.... ive seen some weird viruses floating around. one person had their ir sensor freak out and the phone played metal music then his data conection failed. its that or else your ribbon cable might be frayed this is the part . it seems to be a common defect. personally id just replace the whole upper its like 72 bucks http://www.globaldirectparts.com/Motorola-Droid-4-XT894-LCD-Digi-p/motxt894lda1.htm.

Last edited:
OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
is uninstall safestrap. boot into your unsafe system. restore with rsd and reroot and install ss again than the rom.... ive seen some weird viruses floating around. one person had their ir sensor freak out and the phone played metal music then his data conection failed. its that or else your ribbon cable might be frayed this is the part . it seems to be a common defect. personally id just replace the whole upper its like 72 bucks OEM Motorola Droid 4, XT894 LCD Screen & Digi.

Hmm, very interesting.

Well, I uninstalled safestrap and tried RSD'ing but it had been so long that I was using stock GB files (6.13.219). RSD failed at step 6 repeatedly (flashing cdt.bin), and I didn't feel like downloading the full ICS leak. I wiped using recovery and it booted ICS 4.0.4, which is what is considered the default on my phone now.

I tested auto brightness with the stock rom and it didn't work, so I can confidently say that Eclipse is not to blame. :biggrin:

Before I order the part you mentioned, would you suggest I try RSD'ing with the stock leak files? Can I try to RSD with a deodexed version?

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
Do you think I could bring it to Verizon and get it covered under warranty?

I can just uninstall safestrap and boot to stock ICS. Thoughts?

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
For the record, I uninstalled Safestrap, factory wiped in stock recovery, and took my phone to a VZW store. They looked at it and said, "your screen is shot, but you're under warranty so just call this number and have them send you a warranty replacement."

So I did. No troubles. They sent it overnight via FedEx.