1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Auto Brightness issue in 6.1

Discussion in 'Koush' started by virtueoftheabsurd, Dec 9, 2010.

1. virtueoftheabsurd

virtueoftheabsurd New Member

Automatic brightness is not working for me. I'm on a clean wipe, and everything else works wonderfully.

Once I power on the phone, the auto-brightness only increases, it never decreases. i.e.: it may start at brightness 70. Then, if I hold it under a bright light, it goes up to brightness 240. But if I shut off the lights in the room, it stays at 240, even if I give it some time and turn the screen off and back on.

Does anyone else have this issue? To note: this happens regardless of whether I use custom light levels in CM settings.
  2. bemenaker

bemenaker New Member

I am not getting any auto-brightness action either. I am also on a clean install.
  3. Quantify

Quantify New Member

Hmm. Working fine for me, though I flashed over RC5...
  4. twentydeuce

twentydeuce New Member

where do you look to see what brightness level you are at?
  5. virtueoftheabsurd

virtueoftheabsurd New Member

There are a few free apps. Also, the brightness tool included in CM settings.

But you should be able to tell just by looking if your autobrightness is working. Turn a light on, then turn it off!
  6. nuwizard

nuwizard New Member

Light levels are in settings>cyanogenmod settings>user interface>automatic backlight>light levels

Sent from my Droid