Motorola RAZR display brightness problem

alexmono

Reaction score
Hello friends!

I'm new on this forum, I read it several times and I find it very interesting!
Hope you can help me with the problem that occurred on the phone a few days ...

Usually hold the screen in auto brightness mode. When I am near a source of light, brightness increases, but when I leave the area bright the screen should change his intensity, but he remains the same, at high brightness. Brightness decreases and becomes what it should be according to automatic mode only after lock-unlock screen.
Battery not lasting as it should because of problems with the screen.
It is a light sensor problem?
The phone has done the ICS update.

Thank you very much for your help! :)

OP
A

alexmono

Reaction score
I tried to do a few slides on the screen with auto light shut but no result. Auto mode works only increasing their intensity to decrease should lock and unlock the keyboard ...

OP
A

alexmono

Reaction score
What help? That's what I tried to do but did not work...
Please help me! What should I do? It's a problem of the Android?

OP
A

alexmono

Reaction score
Nobody knows a way to solve this problem?

OP
A

alexmono

Reaction score
I did a phone reset but same result.
I also installed an application that checks the sensor phone, it shows me that the light sensor is working, the light beam is measured ... But the screen does not change intensity?

Help me please!

Caesars

Reaction score
Does the same thing for me, no biggie in my case, I've learned to "automatically" lock/unlock screen (still annoying lol).

Return of the Android

OP
A

alexmono

Reaction score
I do not know, it's a hardware problem? In've tried to change settings but the problem persists ...Please, give me some advice!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It's doubtful that it's hardware because it is capable of dimming and the sensor is working. It may be an ICS problem just not many people have noticed it. I am not aware of any solutions as I have not run across this yet. Not sure if this might serve as an alternative solution but I use a toggle widget with brightness set at 20% and can easily toggle it to 100% when I need it (which is very seldom).

Caesars

Reaction score
I think (not positive) that its a software issue, I've noticed it happening at the same time with my smart actions changing. The SA I use the most is set to turn screen on 10% whenever wifi comes on, so when I turn wifi off it goes back to auto brightness. Well if I sit and watch it change / turn that action off, it sits on 10% brightness until I lock/unlock the phone. It also does this when i turn the back on (in other words it stays on whatever brightness it was on AFTER THE 10% rule is activated UNTIL I lock/unlock the screen).

OP
A

alexmono

Reaction score
I uninstalled the SmartActions I restarted the phone but the screen is the same problem. Just when you unlock the phone or finish a call the screen returns to the intensity at which it should be.
I think that it's not a hardware problem because the light sensor works but only when the screen increases its intensity.
What do you think, what tips do you give me? I see that there are others who have this problem ...
Thank you again!