going back to stock rom

GigaJake

Reaction score
Running out of ideas. There's an ICS specific utility program for the D4 that includes sbf flashing I think. Check it out here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217255

The people over in the Bionic section struggled with this, but someone made a script specifically for the bionic to fix it. Other people recommended restarting the pc and trying again. I just don't know.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mattjenn

Reaction score
Running out of ideas. There's an ICS specific utility program for the D4 that includes sbf flashing I think. Check it out here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217255

That's what I use also make sure you have the right Motorola USB cord I had issue's before using a different Motorola USB cord then what came with my phone. Same thing failed half way through

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Here is a thought..... would these files work for a safe strap flash of the stock rom slot?

GigaJake

Reaction score
No. Sbf files are not installable like roms. You could try downloading my stock backup I linked to a few posts back and try restoring that to your stock slot through safestrap. I used version 3.11

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
That's what I use also make sure you have the right Motorola USB cord I had issue's before using a different Motorola USB cord then what came with my phone. Same thing failed half way through

I have the stock cord and drivers are updated. still gets to 6/18 and fails.

mattjenn

Reaction score
I have the stock cord and drivers are updated. still gets to 6/18 and fails.

Have you tried to uninstall all drivers and rsd and reboot computer and reinstall drivers and rsd and reboot computer again? Are you running rsd 5.7

mattjenn

Reaction score
Have you tried putting a stock .217 rom on that stock rom slot. Make sure its a stock rom and not your fxz file

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
none of this **** is working. eveytime i reboot the device i am directed to the ap flashboot mode screen that says flash failed device is locked. all i can do is go into normal boot and eclipse will still come up. I am getting too frickin frustrated becuase none of this **** is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry. needed to vent...........

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
and all of this because my phone wont charge while I have the nav app running

mattjenn

Reaction score
Relax there is a way around this. There is always a way we'll figure it out and get you back to stock. Just make sure your battery stays full and you phone doesn't die in fast boot

GigaJake

Reaction score
If you have safestrap still installed try the backup I posted

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
If you have safestrap still installed try the backup I posted

There was no link for a rom to flash. All I saw was a apk for safe strap.

I can re install safe strap if need be and flash that rom but how will that stop my phone to defaulting into the ap fast boot?

GigaJake

Reaction score
Truthfully, I don't know. Perhaps if you have a semi-functional stock system fastboot might work. It's a long shot, but it's all I've got. My backup was linked in the last few posts of that thread I mentioned earlier.

Ultimately you need to get your phone to properly sbf back to stock. There's really no other solution at this point.