Go Launcher issue

Al Neri

Reaction score
A while ago I put Go launcher on my Bionic but every time the screen went black and I woke it back up it would be on the motoblur. I forgot about using a different launcher until yesterday when I ahd 7 hours to kill sitting in an airport. I put Go Launcher back on and before I modified it in any way I tested to make sure it would stay as the default launcher and it worked. I then spent about 5 hours setting up folders with apps, a theme, and just generally making it a lot cooler. After boarding the plane I had to turn it off for a bit. When I turned it back on it still had Go Launcher but everything i had set up was gone. Why would this happen? I took it off and the original launcher was exactly as I had left it. I do want to use Go launcher but before I spend the time setting it up again I want to make sure it stays.

My question I guess is what caused this mishap and how do I avoid it? I appreciate any help.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Did you set as the default launcher? I've never had that problem and I've been using GL ex for a while. Are you using the ex version of GL?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Did you set as the default launcher? I've never had that problem and I've been using GL ex for a while. Are you using the ex version of GL?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Motorola phone handle launchers differently. For some reason when you install another launcher it completely overules the stock launcher. Meaning, the only way to get the stock launcher back is to either uninstall the other launcher, or download an app that fixes it.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Not sure if it's related, but I lost my entire GL EX configuration the other day. Reset all the icons and layout back to basically nothing... I don't recall if there was a recent GL update that got applied, or if it's just a bug in the app.

jhom

Reaction score
Hit the home key on the Bionic. Select save as default box and then choose Go launcher. It will now default to Go whenever you turn on the Bionic or use the home key.

OP
Al Neri

Al Neri

Reaction score
I was not having an issue with it going back to blur but rather that when it was turned off all of the mods to GL would disappear. I messed around and found a back-up and did that-problem solved. Thanks for the help. I am loving this app, just wish I still had my quick contacts widget.

Scribble

Reaction score
I was not having an issue with it going back to blur but rather that when it was turned off all of the mods to GL would disappear. I messed around and found a back-up and did that-problem solved. Thanks for the help. I am loving this app, just wish I still had my quick contacts widget.

I believe it has its own version of said widget.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I've had Go Launcher for quite some time now with the dock set at 3 to allow 3 pages of my slider filled with apps on 3 pages. (Total of 15 sliding apps).

Recently I uninstalled Amazon App Market which of course along with it I lost some of the Amazon Apps I was previously using on my Dock slider).

Here's my problem. When I deleted said apps, I revert to 4 apps on a page instead of 5. How can I add a 5 app?

I was also able to customize what Apps I wanted inside the dock. Now after reinstalling the Go Launcher app, can't seem to figure that either.

Currently running with Go Launcher Ex with ICS theme.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Try adding the app onto the homescreen and then slide it down to the dock bar. That's how GL works on my phone and that's how, I think, GL works now for everyone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Thank You!!!

dancedroid Thank you SO MUCH!!! Did the trick on all counts!

Try adding the app onto the homescreen and then slide it down to the dock bar. That's how GL works on my phone and that's how, I think, GL works now for everyone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.