Go get your $50 back!

blackmetalbuick

Reaction score
If you paid $99.99 with a 2 year contract to get your Ally like I did, you might want to stop into your local corporate Verizon store or call customer service. The Verizon website and the Iron Man 2 TV spots are now advertising the Ally for $49.99. I stopped at the store today with my online order receipt showing that it was less than 30 days ago and told them I easily would have waited 3 weeks if I knew there was going to be a 50% price drop that early in the phones shelf life. There was no disagreement from the customer service rep and I walked out with $50 credited towards my next bill.

Ally must not be doing too well with all the other high end phones coming out, and based on my experience with the Ally so far, I think it is more accurately priced at $49.99 rather than a full hundred bucks.

The Ally officially came out on the 27th of last month after that 1-week delay from the original 20th release date, so at this point anyone with an Ally should still be within 30 days from their original purchase. Go get your $50! :icon_ banana:

Sandso9

Reaction score
yea my mom just got an lg ally two weeks ago and i was watching tv and noticed it was 50 bucks cheaper

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Go back and ask for another refund. I just got one for my daughter, free, yesterday. ($50 with a $50 rebate)

eryck22

Reaction score
If you bought the phone at an indirect store then VZW will ask you to deal with them for the price match.

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
Verizon will beat their price for 30 days after purchase. I had the same thing happen when I bought my Eris. Price came down about a week after I bought it and they gave me an adjustment.
We got my husband's Ally for only $29.