Droid Ally

crim

Reaction score
Hello, my girlfriend just recently upgraded an envy to a droid ally, but she is having some HUGE problems with the battery just being on a constant state of rapid depletion. I mean, I have a moto droid, and i had a 100% charge on it, and it hasnt charged for the last, 25 hours and its at 60%. Her Ally, can go from 100% - 30% in under 5 hours. Verizon didnt help, just gave her the customer service schtick. any idea what is eating her battery? the only widgets she has downloaded and runs is vizbattery. the battery runs out fast even if she isnt doing ANYTHING with it. So, if you guys could help out, tell me some things to tell her to cool it down, like what preloaded apps to ditch(and if so, how, cuz i only know how to get rid of ones i downloaded). Thanks in advance

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, my girlfriend just recently upgraded an envy to a droid ally, but she is having some HUGE problems with the battery just being on a constant state of rapid depletion. I mean, I have a moto droid, and i had a 100% charge on it, and it hasnt charged for the last, 25 hours and its at 60%. Her Ally, can go from 100% - 30% in under 5 hours. Verizon didnt help, just gave her the customer service schtick. any idea what is eating her battery? the only widgets she has downloaded and runs is vizbattery. the battery runs out fast even if she isnt doing ANYTHING with it. So, if you guys could help out, tell me some things to tell her to cool it down, like what preloaded apps to ditch(and if so, how, cuz i only know how to get rid of ones i downloaded). Thanks in advance

First thing I would do is a factory reset and start over..maybe shes got an app open all day or what have you.......Start fresh and find whats the root cause. If it doesnt fix it. Make VZW warranty her battery

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I Just bought my wife the Ally last night. Ill try and pay attention to her battery life after a couple days. Its new to her so she will be using it a lot in the beginning so I may not have real battery life results.

JIannetta

Reaction score
Just got mine too... I 've been having the same issues. The guy in the store told me to fix it you put it on Airplane mode for 2 mins then take the battery out and then turn it back on and take it off of Airplane mode. I tried this but still seemed to have some issues.

gujupmp88

Reaction score

not to get off topic, but what do you use your droid for, a paperweight??? do you even keep it on? i can't even get 25 hours out of mine with a full battery. lol.

i also got my gf an ally and will see what happens to hers over the next day or so and chime back in.

Jameshpatterson

Reaction score
Got my wife an ally a month ago and she can go almost 2 days between charges. I would def hold vzw accountable

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mule65

Reaction score
  1. Turn off live wallpapers
  2. Uninstall vzbattery
  3. Remove widgets
  4. If using LG theme then switch to basic theme and goto 1.
  5. Turn off WiFi
  6. Turn off GPS
  7. Turn down screen brightness
  8. Update your roaming: Dial *228 then select option 2
  9. Only use push email
  10. Turn off sync contacts and calendar
  11. Set long refresh times on apps and widgets that fetch data. Especially social, news and weather apps
  12. Uninstall task killers
  13. Install SystemPanel Lite
  14. Power off; Battery out; wait a minute; Battery in; Power on
  15. Charge overnight with wall outlet using provided charger
The Ally processor is underpowered and requires more juice than the Moto Droid. Use phone normally and see if it's better. Use SystemPanel to see if something is using all your battery. Check your battery under settings and verify "Cell standby" and "Time without a signal". The Ally uses a lot of battery trying to hold signals in weak areas. If things are better then slowly add widgets and things back that you really need. I use shortcuts instead of widgets for everything except weather and calendar.