Third LG Ally in a month

ballmore

Reaction score
My friend from work got the LG Ally a month ago. She is on her third Ally and it's giving her problems to. It crashes/reboots 4 or 5 times a day. What's the deal with this phone? She is not a power user. She does not have a lot of apps on her phone. She really don't have much time to put anything on it cuz it's always shutting down on her. She was telling me that she might get a Blackberry Storm. I told her to get the original Droid while they where still in stock. The main apps that she uses is an "e reader" , yahoo messenger, a battery indicator app.....
Should she give up on the Ally? My Droid has crashed before but not 5 times a day, every day. Is this a none problem or a messed up app?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would bet that's it's user error somehow. She's got some apps that aren't working well together. I'm not a fan of LG, but their quality control is not that bad and the os is not that bad. I've seen the same thing with the Original Droid, the Incredible and the Droid X where one person goes through 3-5 phones. Nobody has quality control that bad.

tommyb38

Reaction score
I would also have to agree. When you have the same person return the device over and over again because of the same problem and you very seldom see the device come back from anyone else, you have to question whether it is user error. Most problems like this get classified that the operator has a ID 10t problem. Sometimes though it can be the device, not saying it is always the user, certain devices have known issues that occur over and over. The ally doesn't seem to be a problem phone, but who knows, look at the LG Envy line.

shan68ok

Reaction score
Don't be so quick to judge your friend. I'm on my second Ally, brought home today...it's already doing the same thing. I've deleted everything I added to my sd card off hoping that possibly there's a corrupted file or something not compatible on it. I'm crossing my fingers because until I started having this issue I loved my Ally.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would bet that's it's user error somehow. She's got some apps that aren't working well together. I'm not a fan of LG, but their quality control is not that bad and the os is not that bad. I've seen the same thing with the Original Droid, the Incredible and the Droid X where one person goes through 3-5 phones. Nobody has quality control that bad.

i must throw my $.02 in here. my sister literally just got this phone and it started having problems. everytime she got a text or sent one, itd reset. i though she broke it installing an app so i wiped it but it still happened with no extra apps installed.

idiots at VZW told us that it was because she signed into her gmail wrong (WTF?) and the apps she downloaded the first time had no place to go so thats what was rebooting the phone. they couldnt answer me when i told them i erased everything and there were no apps other than what was stock (also, i must add, they installed ATK on her phone, which i immediately uninstalled. morons.)

im getting one in the mail tomorrow and hopefully it was that device causing the problems. it looked like a solid phone in the store but now im feeling like an idiot for suggesting her to get it (out of D2s and she wanted a keyboard)

shan68ok

Reaction score
I would bet that's it's user error somehow...

i must throw my $.02 in here. my sister literally just got this phone and it started having problems. everytime she got a text or sent one, itd reset. i though she broke it installing an app so i wiped it but it still happened with no extra apps installed.

Thank you! Same issue here. At least my first Ally gave me a couple blissful weeks before it started acting possessed. The new replacement, 4 hours tops. And it was still on factory settings. So, back to the store 30+ miles away. They will give me a different droid phone or heads will roll.:icon_evil:

Bilgediver

Reaction score
That's weird, my girlfriend has had NO problems with her phone at all. Trust me she would have told me (since she knows what I've been able to do with my phone, I even rooted her phone for her so she can WIFI tether.

yes, she has an Ally

shan68ok

Reaction score
Well, the Ally seems to be hit and miss. Both of my Ally's were deemed DOA by techs, I got the Droid 2 to replace it, at no additional charge at that. Very happy with my Droid 2 even though the camera on it sucks...lol. It works which is my main thing. :motdroidvert:

Hoolahea

Reaction score
4 ALLY since July

Please know that this is NOT a user error! I am on my 4th phone since July! I, like many others here have erased all files, apps and started from scratch! The phone has locked, shut down, rebooted- any and everything that you can imagine! This is definitely the LAST ALLY. If this one doesn't work, SOMEBODY will replace it, or I will move on to another provider- I don't care about terminating a contract early!