If i may...a suggestion....

jamielm76

Reaction score
I'd just like to put out there that anyone who is having issues with the LG Ally, if you haven't already done so...call verizon and report it. It's kinda 50/50 that you'll get your issue resolved on the phone with them-however it can help in the long run i think. I say this because i spent over an hour on the phone with tech support to no avail. They were really nice and we tried everything but even they couldn't figure it out and the lady told me that they won't/don't really check into these kinds of issues if there arent many people calling about it-basically because they see it as user error (my words, not hers) she said she hadn't heard of standing issues right now but if more customers call in with the same problems they check further into it to see if it is actually a verizon update issue or a manufacturing issue. I normally don't think about that, i just call em tell em my problem and see how they help me i never thought to tell them i want it reported.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would think if I had a problem with an Android phone I'd post over here in hopes of getting a good answer. Problem is that I don't know anything about the Ally. However it is an Android based OS so we can always give it a shot. And you never know, maybe somebody with an Ally will see your post.

As far as calling Verizon goes I kind of doubt that is going to increase your customer service quality. Vulcan use to work there, he would know for sure.

OP
J

jamielm76

Reaction score
oh i didn't mean call in for your problems for them to fix and that's the best thing to do...i will absolutely come here first from now on...i just found this place yesterday and already i've found a wealth of information and great help from everyone :)
I know the customer service when ya call well, you'll get whatcha get lol
and people calling in doesn't help me in anyway i just meant that maybe if verizon gets enough reports of specific problems they may look into it and hopefully down the line the issues will be fixed before the the new phones roll out so maybe people in the future who get these phones that had known issues...they won't have to hassle with it.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
My gf has the LG Ally, and I have noticed a lot more frequent updates with her phone than with my phone (Droid). It could be when LG and Verizon put out the LG Ally, they didn't quite finish customizing it for the LG hardware so it was having issues.

deborah3756

Reaction score
I had the Ally and when I upgraded I got D2 then gave the Ally to my son. Some Allys have that 50% bug that tech support isn't up on, I know, I called them about the battery issue.

50% bug is when the cell phone status (when you check battery status in settings) is over 50 and means that the phone is without a signal. I found that this is when the battery is being drained.

I finally took the phone to a store and they gave me a new one. The battery life is a lot better than the first one.

Wrap up - some Allys have a problem, make Verizon give you another.

Sent from my DROID2