go back from .901 to get Liberty...then hopefully mod .901 onto it

elstonlj

Reaction score
I did the "one click to get back to update path" from P3droid and it seemed to work, except that I lost root and camera/camcorder...
What I really want is liberty with .901 (I've seen it's possible, but you have to have Liberty first, then mod .901 onto it), unfortunately I don't have root and I'm not sure if there is a way "back" to the earlier builds. I've seen mentions of using dhacker's r3l3as3droot and 43v3r root, but that explicity says only .886 & .893 and don't want to brick.
Can anyone help me out here? any confirmed cases of successfully going back once you have .901? Thanks!

reminon

Reaction score
If you still had root you should've been able to flash the custom rom ...now rooting after the update I can't help with, but if you had forever rooted before the update u would've been good to go from my experience.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
E

elstonlj

Reaction score
If you still had root
very key words here, I thought I was going to after doing the path saver one-click from P3... (that's what the OP said would happen), but unfortunately that didn't happen. I've also read that to use liberty you have to load the Liberty ROM before you do .901 and then mod Lib with .901 files. I'm not sure on all the details, cause I have to figure out how to go "back" and get root first... baby steps

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes you can go back from .901...I've done it twice, but manually each step and not using P3's 1Click method.... however once you get to applying the .893 OTA again you will end up with an invalid cdt error...at which point you would need to flash the cdt,bin file from the .901 build to fix that error...once you do that and reboot you will then be on .893....

OP
E

elstonlj

Reaction score
yes you can go back from .901...I've done it twice, but manually each step and not using P3's 1Click method.... however once you get to applying the .893 OTA again you will end up with an invalid cdt error...at which point you would need to flash the cdt,bin file from the .901 build to fix that error...once you do that and reboot you will then be on .893....
is there a manual step-by-step thread out there for this?
also, from what i've seen, it's possible to have Liberty w/ .901, at what point in the manual steps do I stop so that I can load Liberty on? and has anyone successfully modded liberty with .901 files?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is a very stable way to get back to 5.5.893 OTA from .901...

...however after the step of flashing the .893 OTA and rebooting, you will likely be stuck in the fastboot menu with the invalid CDT error...
to fix that error, download this FixCDT zip, unzip it on your PC, connect your phone that's on that invalid CDT fastboot menu, then run the FixCDT.bat script, once it flashes it just unplug your phone and reboot...you should then reboot to stock OTA 5.5.893...

From there download THIS .901OTA.zip and place it on the root of your SD-ext ...verify that you do have foreverRoot...and then reboot into stock recovery and flash that update.... then you should reboot on stock 5.9.901 OTA...

...from there find the modified for .901 Liberty that some have mentioned is out there (I am not sure of Liberty, Eclipse I know for sure has the modified for .901 version)...and flash that ROM from bootstrap

OP
E

elstonlj

Reaction score
Here is a very stable way to get back to 5.5.893 OTA from .901...

...however after the step of flashing the .893 OTA and rebooting, you will likely be stuck in the fastboot menu with the invalid CDT error...
to fix that error, download this FixCDT zip, unzip it on your PC, connect your phone that's on that invalid CDT fastboot menu, then run the FixCDT.bat script, once it flashes it just unplug your phone and reboot...you should then reboot to stock OTA 5.5.893...

From there download THIS .901OTA.zip and place it on the root of your SD-ext ...verify that you do have foreverRoot...and then reboot into stock recovery and flash that update.... then you should reboot on stock 5.9.901 OTA...

...from there find the modified for .901 Liberty that some have mentioned is out there (I am not sure of Liberty, Eclipse I know for sure has the modified for .901 version)...and flash that ROM from bootstrap
almost done... have done everything to the "t" as you've said it, with no hiccups! just finished putting 901 on and making a nandroid backup before trying the a .901 compatible ROM (gonna try eclipse cause I've never used that one before and it's confirmed working)! Thanks so much Mbk!
i assume i should have no problem safestrapping in eclipse 2.0 w/901 from .901 radio working with custom rom! - RootzWiki .....???

update: eclipse 2.0 with no problems! thanks again! it does say that i'm on 7.893, but I think I have the .901 radio files based on what i've read on other threads... bionic support rules!

Last edited: