Gmail wont work on other roms. help! please.

brandenhs

Reaction score
Gmail wont work on other roms. help! please. ((SOLVED))

Hi every one I'm new to this so I'm sorry.

I have a Motorola Droid with voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys.
I have made a full Nadnroid back up (thankfully). I tested LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.3 and LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4,and SimplyStunning-v4.7.

On all 3 I can access Gmail or the Android market but show up then 1-2 sec later,they close. For now I went back to my backup and all is good but I would love to try some new roms. Is this a normal problem or am I doing something wrong?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi every one I'm new to this so I'm sorry.

I have a Motorola Droid with voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys.
I have made a full Nadnroid back up (thankfully). I tested LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.3 and LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4,and SimplyStunning-v4.7.

On all 3 I can access Gmail or the Android market but show up then 1-2 sec later,they close. For now I went back to my backup and all is good but I would love to try some new roms. Is this a normal problem or am I doing something wrong?

Are you wiping your data before you install the new ROM? If not, you should. Otherwise bits and pieces from 2 different ROM's will be there (more than likely) and they will mess with each other.

I can troubleshoot this all day long cause it could be something else but that is where I am going to start cause it's the most likely.

Also, if you did wipe try wiping 3 times instead of just once (trust me, on this phone repetition is like magic)

OP
B

brandenhs

Reaction score
That did the trick. I wiped it before 1st flash and had bugs. Then I wiped it 3 times before this flash and now ALL of my problems are gone. Thank you.