GMAIL not being pushed to Droid...

Dream

Reaction score
As as of this past weekend my gmail email's are not being pushed to my phone, I have to manually "refresh" to get emails to come through. I have searched all my setting and cant seem to find anything out of place. I even did a factory reset this morning and it was working for about an hour and now nothing. Any idea's? :mad:

Luxferro

Reaction score
As as of this past weekend my gmail email's are not being pushed to my phone, I have to manually "refresh" to get emails to come through. I have searched all my setting and cant seem to find anything out of place. I even did a factory reset this morning and it was working for about an hour and now nothing. Any idea's? :mad:

Do you use any task killers? If so, have you added Gmail, and any other processes/apps it uses to syc to your exclude list?

My gmail pushes just fine.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score

Do you use any task killers? If so, have you added Gmail, and any other processes/apps it uses to syc to your exclude list?

I do not. I just let the phone do its thing. Im wondering if there is a setting im missing. I remember when I first got the phone I could set it up to push or do pull, cant seem to find that option now...

robs67

Reaction score
I do have a task killer, but everything in the exclude list is still there when it was working yesterday. Nothing changed there.

Oops, replied to the wrong thread.

Luxferro

Reaction score

I do not. I just let the phone do its thing. Im wondering if there is a setting im missing. I remember when I first got the phone I could set it up to push or do pull, cant seem to find that option now...

Check Settings > Accounts & Sync and make sure gmail is listed, and background data and autosync are enabled. And if they are, maybe try toggling them off then on. worth a try.

edit: I saw you said you did factory reset.. i dunno then. Maybe your phone is broken or something.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score

Check Settings > Accounts & Sync and make sure gmail is listed, and background data and autosync are enabled. And if they are, maybe try toggling them off then on. worth a try.

edit: I saw you said you did factory reset.. i dunno then. Maybe your phone is broken or something.

I just turned all those off then back on and turn my phone off then back on and it SEEMS to be working now. Ill report back later tonight.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
Everything is working great after my last post. Must have been a small glitch.

EARL97850

Reaction score
It really is amazing how many things a simple reboot, battery pull, or just a simple toggle on & off of the item can actually fix the issue.

Good luck

Cya

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
I take that back. Refreshed my mail box just now and 5 emails from late last night came in: (

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take that back. Refreshed my mail box just now and 5 emails from late last night came in: (

Now I don't use gmail too much, but have you tried a battery pull (I can't believe I just said that) here buddy? I just sent an email to myself and it was like 24 seconds to my phone

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score

Now I don't use gmail too much, but have you tried a battery pull (I can't believe I just said that) here buddy? I just sent an email to myself and it was like 24 seconds to my phone

GASP! Well I pulled the battery when I got to work and of course it's seems to be working again. 35 seconds and it hits my phone :) I guess ill keep an eye on it and see if it continues to happen.

joegrind

Reaction score

GASP! Well I pulled the battery when I got to work and of course it's seems to be working again. 35 seconds and it hits my phone :) I guess ill keep an eye on it and see if it continues to happen.

Had this happen to me over the weekend too....were you able to get on Google Talk or download any apps from the Market? I was unable to do either or have GMail sync from Saturday to Tuesday. Yesterday my phone died while playing on Pandora...plugged it in and everything has been good since. (I did do all the resets/ removals/ toggle wi-fi etc prior) Was able to surf/ data on 3g/ 1g with and without Wi-Fi just no Google Sync/ Market/GTalk...definite bug.
:mad:

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
I have never had any problems with the market place or accessing the internet, just email. It's working great now, but it did this yesterday too and then 24 hours later I have to re-fresh my inbox. VERY annoying.

Charming64

Reaction score
New to this forum: My problem is that my emails (yahoo) keep reappearing after I delete them all. My notification alerts me and I look and the email that I just deleted shows up again. Not only that I get emails from 3 weeks ago. Is there a setting or somethingthat I missed or messed up when I set up my yahoo e-mail. Google works fine.
Thanks

pieceof8

Reaction score
Im having the same issue and have done everything but dismantle the Droid completely