Gmail not pushing

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by anandmva, Apr 8, 2010.

1. anandmva

anandmva New Member

Gmail synch is on but mail is not pushing to my device. I have to refresh to pull email. I've tested it by sending myself an email from another account and hours go by without any delivery of message. Any ideas what's wrong? Thx.
  2. smd12

smd12 New Member

make sure GTalkservice is running in settings/applications/running services. if you are using a task killer it might being killing that service which is needed to get emails.
  3. anandmva

anandmva New Member

GTalk is running, but Gmail still not being pushed. Any other suggestions? Thank you!
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I just checked, Google is not reporting any service issues. Yesterday I wasn't getting my gmail and google was having a small problem with .009% of it's people being affected. I was one of them. But nothing going on today.
  5. LollyKaye

LollyKaye New Member

I started to have the same problem with my Droid last night, with an hour + delay. Same problem today. I've run through the suggestions from pulling the battery, installing gmail Notifier, confirmed gtalk is on but nothing has worked. Bummed & hoping this is a temporary glitch.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

They wer definitely having some issues last night, but nothing showing today. Apps Status Dashboard
  7. LollyKaye

LollyKaye New Member

Thanks Hook. I got your forum reply notification instantaneously. Hopefully back on track after a frustrating a.m. Thanks also for the status link. I'm loving my Droid, Dexter.
  8. aminaked

aminaked New Member

It is surprising, but gmail is not perfect. Google has delay issues a few times every month according to my experience. If you want greater reliability (getting email fast) use YOURNUMBER@vtext.com for $0.20 each. Otherwise, you might try a 3rd-party email account and the K9 email client. You get what you pay for.
  9. anandmva

anandmva New Member

Thanks for all the info, everyone. I also contacted Verizon. They responded quickly but couldn't give me a specific fix. The tech said he has a Droid and uses K9mail app for Gmail.

I'm several days into this problem, so I'm probably going to rely on a third party app, rather than Droid's preinstalled software.
  10. anandmva

anandmva New Member

Fixing Gmail synch issues

Here's a great tip from Droid Google forum. Fixed my synch problem immediately. You have to "clear data" plus cache:

From: GMAIL ACCOUNT NOT SYNCING ON DROID - Google Mobile Help

"There might be an easier way to fix the problem besides the factory reset. When you go into the phone settings... go to applications then manage applications. Then you can press the phones menu button and select the filters option. Change it to display all. Then u can see gmail and gmail storage in the manage list. Try going to them and clearing their data or cache. This should clear the temporary data from the gmail app allowing it to get a fresh clean sync."
  11. aminaked

aminaked New Member

With 2.01 several people (including me) reported that gmail sync would randomly break because of issues w/ certain wifi routers. The problem seems to be gone with 2.1, but after you clear Gmail Storage data you might want to turn off wifi and reboot. Maybe wifi is the problem.
  12. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker New Member

My Gmail is working fine, I use the built in Email app though, because I like when I delete emails on my phone, they delete on the website also. I don't like having to do double work. Also make sure you have the email apps on the ignore list of your Advance Task Killer, if you have one.
  13. mitchstokes225

mitchstokes225 New Member

my GTalk is not running. How do I get this service to start up?
Search tags for this page
android gmail not pushing mail
android gmail not pushing to phone
droid x2 gmail notifications not pushing through
gmail isn't pushing to droid phone
gmail not pushing email to phone
gmail not pushing to android

gmail not pushing to phone

m...4@gmail.com
my gmail is not pushing email to my htc phone
why isnt my gmail pushing to my android