Gmail Push Notification

datsyuk

Reaction score
Lately I've been experiencing problems with my Gmail app. There is no push notifications at all. I have to go into my Gmail and manually refresh it for it to even pick up I have new e-mails.

I have been using SEVERAL different ROMs with all the same problem. Currently running Nightly Build 7 of Cyanogen which for me, is running flawlessly.

I was able to use my Gmail in the default Email app but that doesn't get instant pushes like Gmail did, it has a set refresh rate.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Gmail several different times from the market and I get the same thing every time. I have gone over and checked the settings in Gmail and can't figure this out.

OP
D

datsyuk

Reaction score
Think I found the fix. Gmail was installing and not checking itself off with Sync in the Accounts & Sync setting. Not too sure why it would defaultly set it to that but I'll see how it plays out.

poinck

Reaction score
Thx.

Think I found the fix. Gmail was installing and not checking itself off with Sync in the Accounts & Sync setting. Not too sure why it would defaultly set it to that but I'll see how it plays out.

The best tip, I've ever read. Really. I didn't checked that option since I have my Defy. (o: