GMail issue with Fission

Big Ry

Reaction score
I just flashed the latest Fission to my D2 a couple days ago. Everything seemed to be working fine at first. Then I began to notice that I wasnt getting my email pushed to the device. I have to go into GMail and hit "refresh" in order to get new email. Also, I noticed that any email I delete on my D2 does not get deleted in GMail. The account is set to autosync, and I see no other options to fix the problem in the app. Anyone know whats going on here?

trook

Reaction score
Have you checked out your sync settings? open gmail, menu, more, settings. make sure the folders you want are synced in the intervals you want. cause mine completely syncs...., if i delete it on my phone, its gone from gmail. weird. If that doesn't work, someone here will know what else to do.

Last edited:
OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Have you checked out your sync settings? open gmail, menu, more, settings. make sure the folders you want are synced in the intervals you want. cause mine completely syncs...., if i delete it on my phone, its gone from gmail. weird. If that doesn't work, someone here will know what else to do.

Yeah, everythings set as normal...still no luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try this:

Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running/Gmail and then select clear data. It will take your Gmail a few minutes to resync, but it should be fixed. I have been using the Gmail app for all my email accounts now for about 6-7 months and i find I have to go through this about once per month or so.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Try this:

Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running/Gmail and then select clear data. It will take your Gmail a few minutes to resync, but it should be fixed. I have been using the Gmail app for all my email accounts now for about 6-7 months and i find I have to go through this about once per month or so.
That seems to have done the trick! Thanks :icon_ banana: