gmail app keeps saying no connection?

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Just started this morning, can't see my emails from the Gmail app but I can open the browser and view, what's up with day? I also turned of and turned back on, still a no go.

shiccy

Reaction score
I had the same thing ... Maybe it applies to you?

I decided to keep a saved copy just in case my phone gets nabbed or damaged. I thought that the easiest (and fastest) thing to do was e-mail the mp3's to myself.... It worked out well ... until I bought four at once.

Hit the "menu" button on your droid and go to "labels", then look for "Outbox". I ended up having to delete all the things I've tried to send in the last few days ... including the mp3 e-mails. I found that I couldn't delete by long press and deleting from there, I actually had to OPEN the message and delete it inside the message.

After you're done, back out of gmail and go back in.
Hit the "menu" button again, and then go to accounts.
You should see your e-mail address... Hit the menu button again
Hit the only button you see "account settings".
Under "Manage Accounts" click on your e-mail address.
Make sure all three are checked and hit the menu button one more time, and then hit the only button that you see: "sync now"

Mine took me doing that and repeating the "backing out of gmail and going back in" steps a few times, but eventually it started working again.

The reason mine kept doing it is because the e-mails were too big to handle all at once (I'm assuming) and got stuck in a sense.

OP
KeepInitReel

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
You are the ( insert curse word here ) man!!!! It was an email with an attachment that was to big to send, it was stuck in the out box saying " sending " . Once I deleted that everything started coming in. Thanks